Ensign
# 801
05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Why was my post merged here? It's barely relevant to the pre-order as it affects any large purchase I want to make. AFAIK I would be facing the same issue with the lifetime sub.
Career Officer
# 802
05-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by resolutevoice View Post
Neither are we apart of the European Single Currency. My currency is the Great British Pound Sterling.

Are you an American by any chance....
Where I live has no bearing on the OP's problem. The problem lies in where he lives. Cryptic/PWE doesn't own Skrill and cannot force them to accept British Pound Sterling.
Starfleet Veteran
Please I am begging when you price things on the website can you at LEAST put the correct dollar price for those of us in the UK....

I have just bought the LOR pack imagine my suprise when I realise it's not $124.99 dollars for me it's actually $153.62....

So instead of the ?82 pounds I had actually budgetd for it was ?105....Now I went ahead and gave you the money this time anyway.

I thought long and hard about it though, and really I don't mind if your honest, but this just seems like a shoddy way to treat your customer base...

Why is it ?23 pounds more for those of us in Europe anyway, and why isn't this mentioned anywhere....

Sarah
SSO Fleet Understands that this is a game, that it's sole purpose is to escape from the harsh realities of life. Thats why we promise, we offer fun, frolics without the mandatory rules and structure. Come escape with us, we dare you.....
Rihannsu
# 804
05-21-2013, 09:03 AM
little thing we gotta pay called tax >.>
Starfleet Veteran
# 805
05-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Checking my office booklet for international taxes, works the same basic way in the UK as most states in the US: The buyer is responsible for knowing applicable taxes, the stated price is only required to give the base price before taxes. Unlike most states in the US, the seller *may* list the tax in the price of the item instead of as a separate item, but it is not required for most types of purchase.

Last edited by hevach; 05-21-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Rihannsu
# 806
05-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Its the tax that we pay in europe. slightly different for different countries.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Remus
# 807
called VAT sorry u live in a country and dont understand ur own laws.
Captain
# 808
What you've been hit with is your country's VAT tax. In the US prices listed don't include taxes. So if you buy something for $10.00 here when you pay for it it might be $11.00 with all the sales taxes. In Europe most places would just list the cost as $11.00 - they build the tax into the final cost.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 809
05-21-2013, 09:06 AM
And this is not mentioned ANYWHERE on the page?, why....

Come on it takes a little time to say look you in Europe must pay TAX...., however please tell us, in only has to be a side note at the bottom...

How you have done this, well it's just dishonest, can't you put the EU price on it as well?, does that take too much...

This seems like a much better deal than it is on face value, just be honest in future thats all I ask...

Sarah

As for the wags who have put know your tax laws why would I need to if everywhere else has it included. However this could be avoided in future by cryptic advertising correctly.

Or is STO primarily a game for the US?. Most times whenever I buy anything if there is going to be a difference between prices for countires it clearly states and it doens't take a genius grade to realise why, prior to purchase...

However this doesn't thats my problem, not that it charges, just that it does not give you the correct price which is could so easily...
SSO Fleet Understands that this is a game, that it's sole purpose is to escape from the harsh realities of life. Thats why we promise, we offer fun, frolics without the mandatory rules and structure. Come escape with us, we dare you.....

Last edited by nimshae; 05-21-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Lieutenant
# 810 price
05-21-2013, 09:10 AM
For a long time now, PWE has been charging for Zen in euros for British players.

They claimed, at the time, it was forced by a tax decision as they were legally required to pay 20% vat on the transaction.

As PWE Europe is based in the Netherlands, this might be the case for countries that use the Euro.

However, there is a legal grey area because Britain uses GBP, not the Euro, and PWE are forcing us to convert currency, charging for it, then adding VAT.

It would be interesting to see this challenged in the Law Courts.
<a href=http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/Earthgirl61/Patch.jpg target=_blank>http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/t...rl61/Patch.jpg</a>
Closed Thread