Career Officer
# 1 Legacy Pack Opinion Thread
04-18-2013, 08:47 AM
ok so not long before the new expansion comes out and before that there is an opportunity to purchase either a Legacy or Starter Pack providing goodies for a price.

Now here it is, after reading through other blogs and threads i have some go on to say that the legacy pack should be free to life timers or at least at a discount. To be honest i don't think that is unreasonable considering the price tag for buying lifetime, not to mention other money gone onto the account by purchasing c-store items. Of course some earn dilithium and buy through there. What do you think?

Others suggest that having this pack is yet another way for cryptic and its share holders to use and abuse the hype of a new expansion to gain profit and should not be here, but rather some sort of pack to arrive later into the game. And others have in there colourful terms expressed that STO isnt worth the money nor worth the F2P and that STO is just mere grind grind grind and oh my god this is soooooo sucks. Me i love STO though i believe with all the money they will be getting out of this and money earned they should hear its players and new features to STO.

Anyway its not my opinion its yours i want, and in hope cryptic will read. lol SO let them rip. WOOP
Career Officer
# 2
04-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Definitely an 'issue' that will polarise opinions.

I'd imagine that most who DON'T have a LTS won't particularly care, and that those who DO already have a LTS will be enraged.
Personal T6 Ship Wishlist:

Nova/Rhode Island class with Hybrid Pilot BOFF seat.

That is all. (guess this wasn't really a 'list' after all!)
Captain
# 3
04-18-2013, 09:13 AM
The Legacy Pack is just a collection of C-Store items offered at a pre-order discount. You can buy all those items in the Pack for $125.00 or you can buy them on launch day for $181.00. It's just a C-Store bundle discount.

That has nothing to do with being an LTS or a Gold member. Do LTS get free ships from the C-Store? No. Do LTS get free Boffs from the C-Store? No. Do LTS get free Keys from the C-Store? No. Being an LTS has nothing to do with buying things from the C-Store.

LTS will get a free Liberated Borg Rom playable captain. That's what they get from buying an LTS now: a playable Fed or playable KDF.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 4
04-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post

... those who DO already have a LTS will be enraged.
I have the LTS, and I'm not enraged. The pack is fairly priced. I'll be picking it up, and kudos to marketing for making me want to try out the Romulans - something I wasn't sure I was going to do.
Lieutenant
# 5
04-18-2013, 10:04 AM
The legacy pack is basically a bundle of c-store items with a couple exclusives. (I think the titles are the exclusives.) That said, I'm not sure how much of it will get much use. Ignoring the fighter for a moment, half the ships are tier 1-4 and thus won't likely get much use due to the quick level progression. On the other hand, there are 4 tier 5 ships, and that's worth something. If I was rich I would probably buy the pack. But I'm not and have to be a bit more careful in what I buy. (I think it would have been nice if there was a smaller pack just for the late game content, which is what will get the most use.)
Career Officer
# 6
04-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Buy it if you want it. Don't buy it if you don't want it. Everything except the titles will be available separately. No point in whining about it.
Republic Veteran
# 7
04-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
I have the LTS, and I'm not enraged. The pack is fairly priced. I'll be picking it up, and kudos to marketing for making me want to try out the Romulans - something I wasn't sure I was going to do.
Indeed, I will echo your opinion. I'm also a Lifer, and I essentially feel indifferent. The only thing I want as a Lifer is my LB Romulan Captain and the 1,000 Day Veteran Ship. I could care less if they do not give me anything from the Legacy Pack for free. I did not pay for the Legacy Pack, I paid for a Lifetime Membership.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
# 8
04-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarikun View Post
Indeed, I will echo your opinion. I'm also a Lifer, and I essentially feel indifferent. The only thing I want as a Lifer is my LB Romulan Captain and the 1,000 Day Veteran Ship. I could care less if they do not give me anything from the Legacy Pack for free. I did not pay for the Legacy Pack, I paid for a Lifetime Membership.
Not to mention that 'Legacy' lifetime perks have yet to be announced...
Republic Veteran
# 9
04-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Not to mention that 'Legacy' lifetime perks have yet to be announced...
Indeed, and supposedly, they have a full blog to denote those perks, so chances are, there are at least a handful of them. ^_^
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
# 10
04-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Considering to buy or no, as a LTS then really need better info on LTS rewards and would expect to see a RA Ships as Chimera?

As some of the items seem to be related to what will be avaliable to LTS then holding off buying, if looking for sales especially from those who have put money in already I would hope some customer loyalty can be shown?

Adjusted discount for UK and LTS players would help with sales overall too. Half the ships I'm fairly meh about, as a long time Trek fan it tends to be the more 'classic' ships of interest.

Perhaps the non ship items could be bundled together as a pre-order character pack sale maybe?