Lieutenant
It seems that the romulans wont be getting the fleet/t5 ships of the ally they choose according to the newest dev blog.

Overall, I see this as a good thing. It means we will see a cooler mix of ships at endgame, fed and KDF characters will still have relevance and the romulans will feel more like there own deal.

It also makes a bit more sense cannon wise. I have no issue believing that the federation would have too much issue commissioning it's older , more obsolete vessels to the romulan allies.

So, thoughts? Anyone disappointed?
Captain
# 2
04-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Definitely. People will claim their T1 to T4 ships for the consoles, and fly a Romulan ship at T5. It was a good compromise and I'm glad they made it.
Career Officer
# 3
04-19-2013, 03:11 PM
I'd still rather have a completely independent Romulan faction.
Career Officer
# 4
04-19-2013, 03:15 PM
*wanted to post something but: so excited.... runs off to look for the blog*

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PvP improvements, coming since 2010 lol
Commander
# 5
Considering there's all of one Romulan T5 ship that doesn't require zen to purchase, I'd much rather have basic T5 ships available for Romulan captains (but not retrofits, refits, fleet, or C-store T5.5). But then again, I'd much rather have a choice of free Romulan T5 ships available.

I can only imagine that KDF captains now have something to feel good about, considering their choice of ships.
Rihannsu
# 6
I'm fine with this.

I had no intention of using fed/kdf ships on a romulan so it does not affect me.

but i also have no problem with people using fed/kdf ships if they wanted. what other people do is really no concern to me.

the compromise probably does make better sense from a story perspective as you say. in times of war you mass produce ships quickly but that does not always mean you have enough people to fly them. giving weaker, older ships to the romulans who are great in number but lack the hardware makes sense.

to helps the feds/kdf out in a crisis against their enemies, gives the romulans want they need, while saving the newer ones for themselves so they dont become too powerful.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 04-19-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
04-19-2013, 03:19 PM
I wasn't gonna fly cross-faction ships anyway. Why would I, I've been waiting for years to climb into a Warbird.

But as far as variety goes, both the other factions started out with only a few ships at each tier and got fleshed out in many different ways over time. Romulans could go the same way.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 8
04-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Are there any Fed ships with a cloaking device below T5? Maybe the lower version of the Galaxy-X?

This kind of makes the Klingons a superior choice for a Romulan when leveling.

I too would much rather have an independent Romulan faction. This "ally" status is looking less and less attractive.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Rihannsu
# 9
04-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjokruhlica View Post
I'd still rather have a completely independent Romulan faction.
It's either what you get now or nothing.

Take your pick.
Captain
# 10
04-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Makes me feel less guilty when flying KDF D-7

You know when you've been Crypticed