Lt. Commander
# 1 View the Las Vegas Webcast
08-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Our live webcast from Las Vegas may be over, but that doesn't mean you missed out!

Jack Emmert, chief creative officer of Cryptic Studios, was joined on stage by legendary Star Trek actor Leonard Nimoy. Jack talked about Cryptic's plans for Star Trek Online, answered questions and showed the first in-engine footage from the game!

Check out our video page to see everything that happened!
Lt. Commander
The trailer, although impressive, seemed an anti-climax by its length and rapid scene cuts. Edit: Also, the echo-chambered narration was distracting. Edit 2: The downloadable trailer is far more impressive!

I really enjoyed the speech and Q/A. All of my fear about the direction of the game has been put to rest.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks, Spork!

I loved Leonard's intro, the new information Jack provided, and the trailer itself was absolutely gorgeous. Do I spy the Cryptic AR and fully animated faces, much like we have in Champions? Awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2008, 05:06 PM
It was a great webcast, lots of information.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the speedy upload of the video for those of us that weren't home to catch it. I saw it on YouTube.

Comments: I like what I see, but I'm concerned that starship combat is an external view option only. Please Cryptic say that is not so! Starship interiors for player ships are a MUST-HAVE for all phases of starship operations. The game has a ways to go and with earlier threads on the subject you can see how popular of a requirement it is for a EXCELLENT STO experience!

Thanks for listening...I hope!

Lt. Commander
# 6
08-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure if an interior view is necessary. After all if we're not directly controlling characters individually, I'm not too concerned with watching them do their thing. I'd rather watch the scenery and shootin'.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a pretty big assumption.

He said it will be released in under 3 years, and he mentioned that the time frame of the game will be 2409, and they will be releasing periodic updates 1 year at a time each month to fill us in on the storyline starting with 2380-2381. So doing the math we're looking at about 28-30 months before we see a release.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Wilco

He said it will be released in under 3 years, and he mentioned that the time frame of the game will be 2409, and they will be releasing periodic updates 1 year at a time each month to fill us in on the storyline starting with 2380-2381. So doing the math we're looking at about 28-30 months before we see a release.
I would hope they don't keep us waiting that long considering their progress but we will see.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerEP View Post

Quote:
Sounds like it. I love it when they insert some hidden information in their revelation about the game. Well if it's under 3 years and they had to start from scratch from what i've read then its awsome, these guys are really going at it. Love also the way they are going about the game (really mature as oppose to you know who). Anyways i hope the best for this game and can't wait for beta (HINT HINT).

1 more thing i really would like is to be a 1 server game, damn that would be awsome.

See you all in game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-10-2008, 07:06 PM
double post sorry