Lt. Commander
# 21
01-14-2010, 08:30 PM
How often? Every session does this for me now. And it's happening more often. Used to be an hour or so, now 10-20 minutes makes it shutdown my computer.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Bump for notice. This is a serious issue, game is unplayable now. Runs great, but the hard close is frequent.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-14-2010, 09:34 PM
maybe try safe mode and recreate the circumstances to see what happens, get some sort of record of what is going on. Sounds quite concerning, fortunately (looking around for wood to touch) it has not happened to my win 7.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-14-2010, 09:48 PM
PSU is the power supply. What are you using make/model wise?

Oddball, with an 850 I wouldn't expect you to but if this guy is using something less it may. Just because you don't have the issue doesn't mean he doesn't. It's also not a heat issue. To that I agree. I also do not believe it's an OS issue.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Ive been having the same issues (sorta) . Ive noticed its not the comp shutting down but its literaly shutting down the video card itself an locking up the OS . On many occasions if you crank the sound up you can hear a glitched sound plus my case itself has never powered off at all . i do have to manualy shut down an reboot to get the video back though .

Im running a 850 ps , duel core 2.2 , 9500gt with 2 gigs , an 3 more in system . OS is vista 64bit premium .

I can run wow on full graphic in windowed mode on one of the heaviest populated servers an still not drop framrate much less crash the vid card . No other game i run crashes it either , just STO ....

Edit : I just ran Hardware Sensors monitor 4.4 an i dont think its a PS issue . I started at 70degree temp when loading STO an sitting there with all graphic turned to lowest setting i watched as the temp increased steadily till it hit 105 an i shut sto down an then watched it decrease just as fast . it seems the real issue is it is overheating the gpu's an causing them to crash or crash the whole system in some cases .
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavionJain
PSU is the power supply. What are you using make/model wise?

Oddball, with an 850 I wouldn't expect you to but if this guy is using something less it may. Just because you don't have the issue doesn't mean he doesn't. It's also not a heat issue. To that I agree. I also do not believe it's an OS issue.
I have whatever came with my computer, is the PSU model in the DxDiag?
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
I have whatever came with my computer, is the PSU model in the DxDiag?
If you are running a standard system an not one that was a custom build then most of them come with anywhere from 200-350 , not even enough to realy run a good graphics card .

you can try an look on the manufactures sight under that model an see if they list the power suply specs , try searching for the answer on the net , or crack the case open an take a look at it . but no dxdiag doesnt show the power suply .
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwar_of_War
If you are running a standard system an not one that was a custom build then most of them come with anywhere from 200-350 , not even enough to realy run a good graphics card .

you can try an look on the manufactures sight under that model an see if they list the power suply specs , try searching for the answer on the net , or crack the case open an take a look at it . but no dxdiag doesnt show the power suply .
Well, I'm not about to buy a new PSU to run one game anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0gic View Post
I'm running Win7 and my game reboots my computer, too. Have run hardware monitors (two different ones) to monitor GPU and CPU temps, both don't even go up more than a couple degrees before the system reboots. I've played countless games on this rig, all on max settings, and never had a problem. Also, the rebooting only started since they patched the game yesterday. The previous day, I'd played for about 6 hours straight without a hitch.
Same identical problem same exact game play experience with other games.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockntrek
Same identical problem same exact game play experience with other games.
Yes, same here. I also played with no disconnects until last night's patch. Something in there did it I suspect.