Rihannsu
# 331
04-21-2013, 11:31 PM
About the invites, it is my understanding that they were sent to people which have been previously active in testing. For example, I and a few others I know that have been invited have been doing testing since the start - continuously.

For what it is worth, I think LtS people should have been invited as a matter of practice but I'm not running Cryptic sadly....

Anyway, The tutorial is likely in a class by itself and I do not state that as a token expression. To date with over four decades of video game playing under my belt equating to countless tutorials, this is the first one I've ever played in which I found myself wondering 'when does the tutorial begin?' It is fluid play, solid mechanics and progresses at a consistent pace with a climatic ending worthy of your time to say the least.

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)

Last edited by aspartan1; 04-22-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Career Officer
# 332
04-22-2013, 01:03 AM
since we cant change the uniform of the romulan Bo's which i feel we should .. i ask cryptic to please let us .. one thing every time we go from one map to another i find myself having to restation my bo's at there station and resetting powers tray all over again.... did i mention please let us change uniform on all rommie bo's please and why are the original 4 bo's always on my bridge even when they not set up to be there?????????

i tried both the kdf/ romulan side and the fed/romulan side overall its great other then constant resetting ofpower trays and not being able to change romulan bo's uniforms. and CRYPTIC leave the original costume creator alone in game the new one is toooo crazy !!!!

Last edited by derrico1; 04-22-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Commander
# 333
04-22-2013, 03:05 AM
The story is amazing thanks

Subscribed For: 1400+ Days
Survivor of Romulus
# 334
04-22-2013, 04:12 AM
LTS shouldn't have priority.

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Patriot G2 XMP RAM
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Career Officer
# 335
04-22-2013, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayuskorianis View Post
LTS shouldn't have priority.
Who are you to say that LTS shouldn't have priority?!? We paid $300 (for the most part; I know there were sales.) in support of this game for a subscription.

So you, probably some F2P person, feels that it's not fair that the people actually paying/paid for this game get special privileges included, such as Closed Beta access?!?

Boldly going where no one has gone before!
Ensign
# 336
04-22-2013, 07:13 AM
im a huge star trec fan. how do i get an invit to the beta testing

i also have payed for this game
Republic Veteran
# 337
04-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acg3269 View Post
Who are you to say that LTS shouldn't have priority?!? We paid $300 (for the most part; I know there were sales.) in support of this game for a subscription.

So you, probably some F2P person, feels that it's not fair that the people actually paying/paid for this game get special privileges included, such as Closed Beta access?!?
Apparently Cryptic needed a certain kind of player for the first wave of Closed beta,, some lifers made it some didn't , just becasue you're a LTS does not mean you're entitled to everything.
Another box

Ensign
# 338
04-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Apparently Cryptic needed a certain kind of player for the first wave of Closed beta,, some lifers made it some didn't , just becasue you're a LTS does not mean you're entitled to everything.
i never subbed for this game but i did support it, i sadly have to agree.
Commander
# 339
04-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acg3269 View Post

As someone who's done beta testing before, a closed beta isn't a free, privileged content preview or symbol of status, regardless of companies' PR departments, game journalists, and some of those in a closed beta would have you believe. It's work; you're testing a pre-release product, which means playing beyond your typical style(s) to ferret out bugs and various issues with a greater level of attention and detail especially for mechanical issues, and provide detailed feedback with detail and credibility. You're there, as a player, to do QA; to ensure the product is the best, and most bug-free, it can be at release.

I get that the definition of an alpha or beta product is murker these days than it used to be, with games like Minecraft that launch in alpha and revenue from game sales are used to continue development; games like Dwarf Fortress that are independently developed and just launched alpha with meandering development after that; or worst, developers/publishers like Blizzard who really just QA in-house and use "closed betas" for at-best balance tweaking (and free advertising and content demoing).

I would think LTS would prefer to be exempt from this round of testing, since they've already paid $300 to not do what amounts to pro bono work for PWE or Cryptic. I'm sure LTS will get preference in later rounds, when it turns from actual testing to "testing" in the sense of it being a content demo, and free advertising. So, keep your knickers out of a bunch, and be thankful you're not actually in round 1 of testing, since depending on the product and its release schedule can get pretty hectic. Cryptic and PWE doesn't need to placate its LTS, who may or may not have testing experience or even feel obliged to test during the closed beta since "they paid to be here, dammit"; if anything, the position you feel entitled to be in the closed beta without demonstrated willingness to do for what you would be there, is reason enough. Cryptic needs to release the expansion in the best-possible it can be.
Rihannsu
# 340
04-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Just curious -would not someone who is not a veteran tester also be desired -they will play/approach the game in a different way and discover issues as well?

That's just an observation

Separate to that I do feel as life time subscriber (having been offered this option and paying $300 for it) that I should have consideration for options like closed betas

Hate to say a free to play game is not some all are equal ideal -the game makes its money by offering items at the store-these items boost your in game play in myriad ways -or offers like LFS.

So as customer/Player who has invested financially in the Game -i feel i can ask that it has return/rewards-if the devs say no with reason to a expectation/suggestion i have so be it.

I have faith they will deliver on the returns-like i had faith purchasing the game than the LFS.

So I do feel LFS should have access to closed betas-and I will glady accept the work of testing the game and new content. Just because I subscribed means -i just sit by and expect all is well, I too would like to see the final released product of good standard and help in that.