Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
# 401
05-01-2013, 10:49 AM
You know, I am all for waiting to get my turn to try out the new content, however, I feel like im getting teased every time there is an update on Tribble. For example the 3.6G update yesterday.... I thought that I was getting the chance to start, but NOOOO lol. All I ask for is updates as to when the next wave/ open beta is going to happen. Can we get an answer to that?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,592
# 402
05-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinequazar View Post
You know, I am all for waiting to get my turn to try out the new content, however, I feel like im getting teased every time there is an update on Tribble. For example the 3.6G update yesterday.... I thought that I was getting the chance to start, but NOOOO lol. All I ask for is updates as to when the next wave/ open beta is going to happen. Can we get an answer to that?
The best way to get invited to a Beta is to spend time testing. Have you been on Tribble testing all the upcoming Season 8 material for Feds? Your odds of getting a Rom invite are higher if you've proven yourself an avid tester.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
# 403
05-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The best way to get invited to a Beta is to spend time testing. Have you been on Tribble testing all the upcoming Season 8 material for Feds? Your odds of getting a Rom invite are higher if you've proven yourself an avid tester.
Actually that doesn't matter at all. Cryptic randomly chose people regardless of whether they ever been on tribble or how long the account existed. There are lifers who didn't get access and fresh f2p accounts that never tested anything who got into closed beta.
Career Officer
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
# 404
05-01-2013, 11:26 PM
I wish i got the beta invite really wanted to play as romulan
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 199
# 405
05-02-2013, 06:23 AM
Would love to give it a try, since I've been waiting to play a Romulan since I first started playing the game. Seems a bit odd to limit the access this way, this close to the release date.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 844
# 406
05-02-2013, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazemp View Post
I wish i got the beta invite really wanted to play as romulan
As a tester i can say ....be happy your not and pray they reverse the rom battle cloak nerf they just did because if that goes live being a rom will be pointless.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 199
# 407
05-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Gee, that's some awfully valuable feedback, there...
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 844
# 408
05-02-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqqqii View Post
Gee, that's some awfully valuable feedback, there...
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=649321

read this and then go read the tribble feedbacks then act like a (Edited)

Make sure you read the part about the battlecloaks
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 199
# 409
05-02-2013, 07:36 AM
Already read it. Still don't see anything that makes playing a Romulan "pointless", but ymmv. Pretty much reads like the usual MMOQQ, to me.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,592
# 410
05-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzier View Post
Actually that doesn't matter at all. Cryptic randomly chose people regardless of whether they ever been on tribble or how long the account existed. There are lifers who didn't get access and fresh f2p accounts that never tested anything who got into closed beta.
Cryptic did not only randomly choose. It has been stated, in this thread, that regular Tribble testers were given priority, and then the rest of the 1,000 players invited to Closed Beta were randomly determined. Thus the best way to get invites is to regularly test.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:48 PM.