Captain
# 411
05-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqqqii View Post
Already read it. Still don't see anything that makes playing a Romulan "pointless", but ymmv. Pretty much reads like the usual MMOQQ, to me.
If your going to role PvP or PvE then being a rom will be a nightmare unless they reduce BC cooldown time.
If your going to role a romulan for the story or to role play then by all means then do so but the cloaks gettng nerfed means ships like D'deridex and Ha'apax will be a nightmare to use...i know i have both on tribble.

But it does make roms pointless since they are supposed to be the masters of the cloak yet they are now worse then fed/kdf cloaks in cooldown.
Captain
# 412
05-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
If your going to role PvP or PvE then being a rom will be a nightmare unless they reduce BC cooldown time.
If your going to role a romulan for the story or to role play then by all means then do so but the cloaks gettng nerfed means ships like D'deridex and Ha'apax will be a nightmare to use...i know i have both on tribble.

But it does make roms pointless since they are supposed to be the masters of the cloak yet they are now worse then fed/kdf cloaks in cooldown.
Just...stop.

Romulans can quite easily get their cloak cooldown, even with the changes, to under the previous 20 second CD (my rough math says somewhere in the 16-18 second range, but I'll need to double check percentage modifiers).

Secondly, you're acting like the change is going to entirely destroy the Rommie sub-faction. It won't. They're getting two of the craziest fleet ships (T'Varo and Mogai), not to mention the ability to combine both Operative and Subterfuge bonuses.
Captain
# 413
05-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Just...stop.

Romulans can quite easily get their cloak cooldown, even with the changes, to under the previous 20 second CD (my rough math says somewhere in the 16-18 second range, but I'll need to double check percentage modifiers).

Secondly, you're acting like the change is going to entirely destroy the Rommie sub-faction. It won't. They're getting two of the craziest fleet ships (T'Varo and Mogai), not to mention the ability to combine both Operative and Subterfuge bonuses.
Let the blind lead the blind unto oblivion for common sense has taken a holiday
Captain
# 414
05-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Let the blind lead the blind unto oblivion for common sense has taken a holiday
How nice of you to actually try and have a substantive conversation instead of jumping straight to hyperbole and personal attacks while providing zero evidence to back up your assertions.

Way to take the high road.
Captain
# 415
05-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
How nice of you to actually try and have a substantive conversation instead of jumping straight to personal attacks while providing zero evidence to back up your assertions.

The insane run the insane asylum the fools are chiefs the world has turned upside down but no one see a thing.
Career Officer
# 416
05-02-2013, 08:54 AM
soo.. about round 2, when is it coming?
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Captain
# 417
05-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
soo.. about round 2, when is it coming?
I wish i knew though the BCs are nerfed im still really interested in this story its really good and the suspense is killing me
Captain
# 418
05-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
How nice of you to actually try and have a substantive conversation instead of jumping straight to hyperbole and personal attacks while providing zero evidence to back up your assertions.

Btw what i said wasnt a personal attack it was a riddle quuoted from a book ive read which book? i wont say research it and find it that way , but if not then to your shugrin you will never know which side wins
Survivor of Romulus
# 419
05-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Btw what i said wasnt a personal attack it was a riddle quuoted from a book ive read which book? i wont say research it and find it that way , but if not then to your shugrin you will never know which side wins
If the best point you can raise is effectively "you don't know what you're talking about" then you've already lost.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Captain
# 420
05-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqqqii View Post
If the best point you can raise is effectively "you don't know what you're talking about" then you've already lost.
Jealous much? just because i got the invite and you did not?

Calm down take a deep breath and chill and dont worry if the nerf is there at release im sure you will like it