Captain
# 1071
05-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post

Yes, although I'm really looking at making a Torp'varo...the potential for the BOgai is pretty nifty too, eh?
The ability to do with quantums on a T'varo what I do with photons on other ships is...enticing to say the least.
Rihannsu
# 1072
05-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Ship ArtDev Feedback:

Materials
- Romulan Fleet ships do not seem to have a different fleet material going for them, contrary to Fed and KDF ships.

- The T'varo light warbird refit/retrofit unfortunately lacks in quality compared to other refits - it has a GREAT base model, but her textures are in general unflattering. Aged Romulan is faded, Romulan 1 is grainy-looking when it reflects light, and under certain lightning Romulan 2 doesn't look like clever alien panneling so much as craggly fissures running over the ship. It would be ideal if a material equal in quality to the other refits would be available and show off winsome details such as curving wing-like panneling similar to this; a corresponding pattern to give us the option of seeing a modern-looking Repulan Republic-inspired bird-of-prey on its underside (like so) would be very welcome.

- The T'varo light warbird also lacks a second set of windows and is completely devoid of escape pods. The two rear torpedo launchers under the impulse engine are -barely- noticeable.

- The T'varo's impulse engine is a single unit, whereas in the show it's been shown as a double-set of thrusters (see the bottom-most picture here for an aft view showing the impulse engines). An hopefully easy way of fixing that would be to take the bottom vertices of the fin and lower them so that the fin would 'cut' the impulse thruster in half.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer

Last edited by umaeko; 05-15-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 1073
05-15-2013, 12:40 PM
i had a feeling the energy levels weren't going to be as big of a deal at level cap.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 1074
05-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i had a feeling the energy levels weren't going to be as big of a deal at level cap.
I can see it being a bit of a pain in the Subcommander/Commander level bracket though, before players have access to all the power boosting skills and gear.
Empire Veteran
# 1075
05-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Ha'nom
MU Ha'nom
That's a SA ship though... I know it's probably nitpicking, but Sci captains don't really have an option as to what to do with their VA tokens.
VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
Empire Veteran
# 1076
05-15-2013, 01:31 PM
I would still like to see a Veteran hull material.

Also, I dunno if anyone knows, but I'll ask... when buying a lower tier C-store variant (such as the Valdore or the D'Ridthau) will it unlock the costume to use on the VA Retrofit standard models?
Captain
# 1077
05-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshadow9498 View Post
Also, I dunno if anyone knows, but I'll ask... when buying a lower tier C-store variant (such as the Valdore or the D'Ridthau) will it unlock the costume to use on the VA Retrofit standard models?
In a word: yes.
Empire Veteran
# 1078
05-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
In a word: yes.
Thank you much.
Career Officer
# 1079
05-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshadow9498 View Post
I would still like to see a Veteran hull material.

Veteran hull material is confirmed, just not for launch.

Same with all veteran costumes and the 1000/day ship. All coming later.

---------------

It is starting to seem more and more that EVENTUALLY power levels won't be an issue, but until you get to pretty much level 50 and unlock tons of gear your not going to be in the best shape.

Though all that math was done as an eng captain and i'm currently still planning on playing tac. though i guess i may change that.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Empire Veteran
# 1080
05-15-2013, 02:17 PM
is there going to be a fleet skin?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus