Career Officer
# 381
04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Wow, an engineering console that gives you +2,1 turn. Unbelieable. What comes next ? a console that gives +5 power to a single subsystem ? Oh wait.....

Damn, those engineering console slots are valuable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
I wasn't exactly blown away by it either. I'll stick with the armour console instead.
Sad but true. Still not really worthwhile to use.
Captain
# 382
04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Without having tested it with the Molecular doohickey available from the Refit...?

"This ship comes equipped with a universal Molecular Phase Inverter console. The Molecular Phase Inverter can be activated to shift your ship out of phase for a limited time, drastically increasing its Defense and Damage Resistance and allowing it to pass through other ships. In addition, the ship's turn rate and speed is increased during while this console is active. The ship's Cloaking Device can still be utilized while the Molecular Phase Inverter is active. This console can be used on any Romulan Warbird."
Call me old fashioned, but if your ship needs a gimmick console to be playable, both the console and the ship need to have a serious rethink.
Captain
# 383
04-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Call me old fashioned, but if your ship needs a gimmick console to be playable, both the console and the ship need to have a serious rethink.
Saucer separation comes to my mind.
Starfleet Veteran
# 384
04-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainforfun View Post
And as i said before, for a few different abilities from which you can use 1(!) every 1 min 40 sec...
There are methods to mitigate this, although I only know of one currently available at this time (I got a core from the D-store that reduces the cooldown period by 10%). There's at least one console that will help with this, and I suspect there will be DOffs that will also enhance Singularity Core functions.

I do agree, though, the latest changes made it much slower to build charge, and the cooldown needs to come down because of that.
Empire Veteran
# 385
04-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyouki View Post
Well, it's a good thing you have a whole wealth of Klingon or Fed ships available to you that come with just the warp cores you're looking for, right?
If you show me how to cram a warp core into a mogai, be my guest.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 386
04-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyouki View Post
There are methods to mitigate this, although I only know of one currently available at this time (I got a core from the D-store that reduces the cooldown period by 10%). There's at least one console that will help with this, and I suspect there will be DOffs that will also enhance Singularity Core functions.

I do agree, though, the latest changes made it much slower to build charge, and the cooldown needs to come down because of that.
The Singularity C Core reduces it a by 10%, bit it is still not worth the Powerdrain. And if there are doffs for it, you have to sacrifice slots that you could use for other doffs instead, which is something you don?t have to do when you have a ship with a warpcore. And the point that you loose the Powerbonus, when using one of the core skills, still remains also.

That means you have an Energy disadvantage over the cd duration of the core that sums up to a total energy disadvantage of about 49, cause with a warpcore you can get up to 9. something energy bonus.

And nearly 50 energy less compared to other ships for a duration of at about 1 minute is quite something.
Reynolds

U.S.S. Tesla - Intrepid-R / U.S.S. Helios - Vesta Class
U.S.S. Donut - Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit
TheWiseGuys
Captain
# 387
04-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Does it need the gimmick to be playable? There's playable and what somebody wants to play. Objective playable and subjective playable...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Starfleet Veteran
# 388
04-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
If you show me how to cram a warp core into a mogai, be my guest.
Hmm? No, I'm not the one who wants to play like I'm flying a Fed ship. I want a warbird, and that means a Singularity Core. If you just want to play like you're in a Klingon or Fed ship, then use one. Easy peasy.
Career Officer
# 389 No Trophy Spots ??
04-23-2013, 10:57 AM
After a weekend of playing with the 2 Romulan ships I was able to try, I have to say I enjoyed them more than I expected.

Pros:

* Didn't have any trouble killin stuff
* Visually the ships were appealing
* Ready room console are great !
* TOTALLY DIGGIN the Engineering Deck

Cons:

* NO PLACE FOR TROPHIES ?!?!

I have the Jem bug ship and D'Kora and as single room bridges I was disappointed that there wasn't at least a some wall with 2 shelfs. Beaming to the Romulan bridge and seeing a great ready room and Engineering deck, I was in total shock after taking 1st Place in SB24 and not finding any place in the lounge to display my trophy
Republic Veteran
# 390
04-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Have to keep in mind the ships we see in the vendor are placeholders for some of the variants. Based on the blogs - it looks like there will be additional kitbash pieces available from the Refits and Retrofits. Add in the skin from the Fleet version...there should be additional options if one has the Refit/Retrofit/Fleet to customize their ship in comparison to what others are flying...er...I hope.
They have one different variant only for the refits....I don't think the retrofits will have anything new besides consoles, I would love them to include variant, but it appears they are going to galaxy-R route, but at least the galaxy had 3 variants and then the venture variant . Imo there needs to be at least 1 or 2 free ones as well.