Ensign
# 901
05-09-2013, 05:12 PM
The warbirds have been great fun and the singularity cores have added a very interesting gameplay mechanic that I greatly enjoy that can change the course of a battle in an instant. I am with the many other people when they express concern over the lack of science oriented ship classes. From what I have seen, Romulans are very good at disabling and sabatog any enemy ship by any means necessary. I feel as though science ships are falling by the way side and being slightly neglected. I just find it odd that the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought has subsystem targeting but the Romulans don't have a ship like that? Seems a bit backwards to me. Thank you for the test server and taking our feedback seriously. It makes the game that much more fun.
Captain
# 902
05-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
After seeing the stats with the new Dev blog, I have to question Cryptic's sanity.

Why aren't these Romulan ships not balanced with the Federation and Klingon C-store ships? The old C-store ships gave a +1 console and device advantage, while these Romulan ships give not only a +1 console and device advantage, but a +1 BOFF slot advantage.

Is anyone on the team even thinking about balancing ships anymore? Or have we truly crossed the line and that joke about P2W is actually now true?
I don't think you read everything correctly. t5 Romulan retrofits have 9 consoles
the fleet versions 10, they all have the same amount of boff abilities as fed or KDF ships.
The lower tier refits all have an extra console and most get an extra boff ability, but so do fed and kdf refit ships. Nothing is imbalanced.
Lt. Commander
# 903 Singularity Abilities
05-09-2013, 05:55 PM
I love this function of the Singularity Warp Core. But I do have a question. Why does it seem like every other race can also perform these abilities? Are they going to be unique to the Singularity Core or can Standard Warp Cores do them also?
But overall I love the Singularity abilities. I have been playing the Romulan material as a Closed Beta player. I love the material, using the Singularity abilities has saved my life many of time already. I can notice the difference between a 1 charge usage and a 2, 3, 4, or 5 charge usage. I say to you Devs, keep up the good work and as the US military would say ... Bravo Zulu (or good job).
Captain
# 904
05-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Ok regardless of how the entire station/console thing turns out...

The D'D needs more glow.

Im not getting the cool green glow I want on the inside
Rihannsu
# 905
05-09-2013, 10:59 PM
The D'D needs Ambassador Boff Slots as well.
Starfleet Veteran
# 906
05-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trwarbuck View Post
I love this function of the Singularity Warp Core. But I do have a question. Why does it seem like every other race can also perform these abilities? Are they going to be unique to the Singularity Core or can Standard Warp Cores do them also?
But overall I love the Singularity abilities. I have been playing the Romulan material as a Closed Beta player. I love the material, using the Singularity abilities has saved my life many of time already. I can notice the difference between a 1 charge usage and a 2, 3, 4, or 5 charge usage. I say to you Devs, keep up the good work and as the US military would say ... Bravo Zulu (or good job).
Singularity abilities will ONLY work on ships with Singularity Cores....and Warbirds are the only ships that can equip singularity cores (and can't use warp cores)...and Romulans are the only ones whou can get Warbirds.

So the singularity powers will be the exclusive domain of Romulan captains. At least, for now.
Captain
# 907
05-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Think the Fleet T'Varo 4 Tac, 3 Eng, 3 Sci console setup works best and make it more balance with the Enchance battle cloak and the Boff setup look right also.

The Fleet Dhelan 5 Tac, 2 Eng, 3 Sci console setup is ok and makes it on par to a Kumari Escourt as the Rommie own glass cannon ship. it might suffer from less resistance with 1 less Eng console, but it should make up for it with it's speed and battle cloak.

Fleet Mogai now look just about right with the 4 Tac, 4 Eng, and 2 sci console setup. i never see the Mogai as a Sci Ship to begin with and i always seen it as a ship comparable to a Breen Attack ship or a Klingon Vorcha attack cruiser so the new set up should fit with the Mogai while the role of Sci ship falls to the Ha'nom.
Captain
# 908
05-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakland4life View Post
Fleet Mogai now look just about right with the 4 Tac, 4 Eng, and 2 sci console setup. i never see the Mogai as a Sci Ship to begin with and i always seen it as a ship comparable to a Breen Attack ship or a Klingon Vorcha attack cruiser so the new set up should fit with the Mogai while the role of Sci ship falls to the Ha'nom.

The old Mogai setup was closer to the Breen ship (STO's interpretation of it anyway), due to the Lt Comm sci slot.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Captain
# 909
05-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post

The old Mogai setup was closer to the Breen ship (STO's interpretation of it anyway), due to the Lt Comm sci slot.
I think the old Mogai set up was more of a sci ship set up than a Tac/Sci ship of the Breen Chel Grett. it did had more Sci consoles which i think it had around 4 or 5 on the Fleet Mogai with 2 only Eng console slots while the rest is Tac b4 the change. but either way still it's similar to the Breen ship set up except it has a Eng set up as a secondary instead of Sci.
Ensign
# 910
05-10-2013, 08:38 AM
How about changing fleet d'd to somthing like this:
Normal Refit Fleet Refit
Hull 32500 38500 42250
Shield 1 1 1.05
Base TR 6.0 6.5 6.8