Commander
# 911
05-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trwarbuck View Post
I love this function of the Singularity Warp Core. But I do have a question. Why does it seem like every other race can also perform these abilities? Are they going to be unique to the Singularity Core or can Standard Warp Cores do them also?
But overall I love the Singularity abilities. I have been playing the Romulan material as a Closed Beta player. I love the material, using the Singularity abilities has saved my life many of time already. I can notice the difference between a 1 charge usage and a 2, 3, 4, or 5 charge usage. I say to you Devs, keep up the good work and as the US military would say ... Bravo Zulu (or good job).
They will be unique to the space elves until they aren't; just ask the klinks
Lieutenant
# 912
05-10-2013, 09:13 AM
I would like to chime in here and say i love the new Mogai . The changes ake me want to play it. Thank you.
Career Officer
# 913
05-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Sorry cryptic ship people, I hate to be so negative about your designs, But some of the Cryptic made romulan ships are really Really ugly. Can you please do something to tone down the ugly ships and make them look and feel more cannon and romulan looking. How about using some Star Trek Armada 1 & 2 romulan ships.

The Dhelan is Just dreadfull.. wtf is that ? Why does it need a double wings ?

The D?ridthau Warbird ......... It's SO ugly i'm speechless. PLEASE change.

The Ha?apax .... Looks like a #enis...REALLY ?

The Ha?feh ... NO !

http://galen82.deviantart.com/art/Ro...t-09-139030638 YES ! This SHOULD be a Romulan ship.

http://brstarship.files.wordpress.co...warbird_04.jpg AMAZING !!!!!!!! This should be a Tier 5 Romulan ship !

http://www.tacticalstarshipcombat.co...omulan_v34.htm Here's your Carrier for the Romulans ....

http://starshipmodeler.biz/shop/inde...s-starship.cfm

A Simple google search would have given you better designs for Romulan ships.

Please consider changing some of your designs to make them more 2409 Romulan style. Thank you Cryptic. I look forward to playing STO : LOR So far the Romulan side from 1-lvl 21 is Amazing an fun and fresh, it should be a HUGE Hit with Star Trek fans.
Ensign
# 914
05-10-2013, 11:11 AM
So far i haven't had any problem with the rommy ships and on that note well done cryptic engineers.

Tho i do feel that there should be more rommy ships to the game maybe add the D7 variant from the original series as a centurion rank ship maybe.

Oh and a second well done to the cryptic engineers for the rommy interior it is very impressive and a far better job done than the federation interior i might add
The engine room is my most fave of the rommy ship interior.

Tho so far i haven't come across a trophy show yet but over all excellent work cryptic.
Captain
# 915
05-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Speaking purely about visuals - I have decided I really dont like the Ha'feh, or really any of those three.

The design is fairly boring and spartan. It sort of feels Romulan but then not really.

What keeps going thru my head as I am playing is that Im flying a 747 or the Space Shuttle.

Pretty sure its "set in stone" but I think the ship model needs another pass.

Usually the ship guys do outstanding work but these are a bit ho-hum and bland compared to their other designs.
Commander
# 916
05-10-2013, 03:09 PM
fed bolian officer on bridge (have not aligned with either faction yet)
Lieutenant
# 917
05-10-2013, 04:37 PM
I ran in to a problem with the warbird mirror variants last night, on a reward pack labeled mirror universe Ha?feh Assault Warbird I got the Mirror Ha?apax Advanced Warbird instead.

On a 2nd reward pack labeled Ha?nom Guardian Warbird I was'nt able to open it because the error text said I already had a Mirror Ha?apax Advanced Warbird which I took to mean that it also would have awarded the Mirror Ha?apax Advanced Warbird regardless of what the reward pack labeling said.
Survivor of Romulus
# 918
05-10-2013, 05:17 PM
As i've posted in other threads, I still want to see the Mogai restored to being sci focused.

I have played with the Ha'anom Sci ship. It's great- except that:
A- It's poorly designed (the geometry/skin)
B- It looks NOTHING like a Romulan ship save it's wings.
C- The sci focus Mogai was a great hybrid for sci-tac's tac-sci's

So here's what I propose:
You took the Ha'apax and used the skin to make a cruiser, a sci ship and a tac (the latter two being 'pieces' of the ha'apax whole.
Therefor:
For the Fleet mogai, apply the same principle: The mogai is a tac ship BUT we can choose between both variants.

Why not just make the lt cmdr boff slot universal? Because:
1- Then it could be slotted as tac, which is a blance concern
2- it wouldn't help the console arrangement

Therefor: The Mogai should be offered as two variations: The original sci focused mogai and the newer Eng focused Mogai.

Very little work on cryptics part, with big returns on customer satisfaction.
Lt. Commander
# 919
05-10-2013, 06:22 PM
nice... I want to test out those stuff lets do it!
Ensign
Great ship with incredible graphics that make push this game to a whole new level!

LOVE IT.

Last edited by rocketciaran; 05-10-2013 at 06:57 PM.