Republic Veteran
First off, I have to say, that being able to test the Romulans was a HUGE bright spot for me.. I have been not-so-patiently waiting for playable Romulans since before the game went into closed beta... (yeah, as soon as it was announced I started planning Romulan characters...)

What I've seen thus far in the testing is.. WOW! You guys are A-Mazing. From the tutorial all the way to the last mission (so far) I have been blown away at the quality.. story arc is awesome, new UI is wonderful (Remen is my DEFINITE favorite). The updates to the Character Creator are cool, and appreciated (tho I *do* wish we were given the option to hide the pick-your-face/hair button columns).

That said.. testers in the past have been shown Dev appreciation by handing out Tribbles. (I have them all, THANK YOU!) *IF* there are any plans on doing something similar for this go 'round.... is there any chance you could switch it up a little and instead of giving out a Tribble, give us an Epohh, OR one of those (cute) little bug things we find in the vineyards, as non-combat pets, ala the Klingon Targ pup?

I feel like a greedy child asking for something after seeing all the hard work you all have put into the LoR Expansion thus far... but hell, I figure the worst that could be said would be "no" ... (flaming trolls aside )

So, there's my suggestion.

Jolan'tru
Rihannsu
# 2
04-22-2013, 04:18 AM
-pulls out plasma pistol and steps between OP and the masses-

Ooooh, this is going to get ugly.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Today is the oldest you have ever been and the youngest you will ever be"
Better dead then Fed!
Captain
# 3
04-22-2013, 04:43 AM
I don't feel it is needed and think the devs have enough on their plate to worry about fixing and implementing instead of wasting precious time on a shiny one-time bauble. A Month seems like a very short time when we haven't even really had a Klingon or Nukara/Tholian push yet.

That said, it is pretty much tradition at this point and I would be surprised if there wasn't some kind of complimentary gift planned/in the works - even if it was something that wasn't worked on until after the release of LoR.

For me, just trying to help make STO a better game is satisfaction in and of itself. Just knowing I contributed in some small way is enough for my ego.
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-22-2013, 05:11 AM
Personally, they can thank me by improving the warbird singularity abilities.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 5
04-22-2013, 05:24 AM
Unique tribbles just take up space in my bank so I end up throwing them away in the next purge. If they feel obliged, giving some of the Romulan costume options to other species would be much more welcome.
Republic Veteran
# 6
04-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Epohhs.

*patooie*

@Captain_Shephard - Join Date Status: Assimilated - Twitter: @RogueJawa

Set your course and come chart a new adventure in Star Trek Online with Priority One.
Email us here to join the official fleet of STO's premier podcast.
Career Officer
# 7
04-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Seeing as test rewards are given out for achieving certain things on a designated test weekend it is a bit early to even think about test rewards. Many of the games population doesnt have access yet so a test reward will only be considered once loR is opened as beta to the masses.

As for what reward would be nice, i would think either a unique DoFF (Riann maybe?) or a tribble giving Nakura marks. I would hope it is the former rather the latter.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Captain
# 8
04-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
Many of the games population doesnt have access yet so a test reward will only be considered once loR is opened as beta to the masses.
During Prime Time there's hordes of Romulan ships flying around... For a "closed beta" without masses, there sure are a lot of masses.
Republic Veteran
# 9
04-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
Seeing as test rewards are given out for achieving certain things on a designated test weekend it is a bit early to even think about test rewards. Many of the games population doesnt have access yet so a test reward will only be considered once loR is opened as beta to the masses.

As for what reward would be nice, i would think either a unique DoFF (Riann maybe?) or a tribble giving Nakura marks. I would hope it is the former rather the latter.
I do understand that it's "early" to think about rewards.. but I figured the earlier the better for such a request.. and it's also a given that the reward wouldn't actually be given until after LoR's actual launch. The rewards for these are never given out before the launch of whatever it is being tested.

Jolan'tru
Republic Veteran
# 10
04-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Hopefully everyone will follow me here.

From what I understand, the tribbles are usually a secondary prize. They are usually a "play test for one hour during such and such time". I am fine with them staying that way.

That said, it would be nice to have some reward for play testing a romulan to help sort out bugs and stuff, but I think that should be after everyone gets a chance. It isn't really fair to say offer "surprise cool BoFF" for play testing, when you limit a the number of people.

And that said, Getting to play test a Romulan and help make LoR better at launch really seems rewarding to me, anyways.