Lieutenant
# 171
04-20-2013, 11:07 PM
The Search For New Romulus the auto travel feature keeps taking me back to the first planet instead of taking to next planet in line regardless if 2nd 3rd etc. While only a minor inconvenience can open map to travel
Even a beautiful orchid can be deadly.
Ensign
# 172 From the Ashes Review
04-21-2013, 12:29 AM
I must say first that I am very grateful that I was invited to join the closed beta. I truly enjoyed previewing the content!!

The tutorial and Explore the Flotilla went by wonderfully. I thought this tutorial flowed rather well. I have to say congratulations to the environmental designers as they did wonderfully. In addition, a nice touch on including career specific choices so early in the game, this kept me mindful that I needed to pay attention to the choices given to me. I really enjoyed the practice shooting when I picked up my first disruptor.

I am a fan of Enterprise (gasp, I know) so when I saw the second episode I was...giddy? Ok not so much as giddy as excited to find out about the current occupants of the Helix. I do not know if the art or hull design is not finished yet or they are working on the final design materials but my helix and cell ships loaded with not assets attached so I got a whole bunch of plain gray models.

The next mission at the Reman colony was a nice continuation of the storyline from the tutorial. I also enjoyed Gasko station. With these missions, one can see that your ground game is much better from what it was in the launch of the game. No problems encountered here that I noted. I also enjoyed finding new Romulus; it was a nice touch that to choose New Romulus you do a number of actions like the reputation developers on holodeck. It gives the player a preview of what is to happen. This brings me to the end of the From the Ashes Arc. Again, I had little to no bugs to report, except for the Helix and cell ship missing the visual assets.

I thoroughly enjoyed this arc specifically and playing a Romulus in general. I cannot wait until this launches on Holodeck!
Lieutenant
# 173
04-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Loved the intro, I was horrified when Virinat was destroyed, I wanted to destroy the entirety of the Tal Shiar after that. That, and the first four bridge officers you get, were very well done, though I'd really like the ability to at least change their uniforms.

All the missions seemed really good, but then you have to choose a side and, from a story perspective it doesn't make too much sense. I figured you'd run into the middle some hot Starfleet on KDF action and have to pick a side to survive, thus royally infuriating the other side and pretty much guaranteeing they'll never so much as give you the time of day. Instead... "Wow, maybe we CAN trust these Romulans. Maybe we could learn somthing from this and all be friends. Nah, just kidding, you convinced both of us to help the Republic, but only one of us is going to help you."
Survivor of Remus
# 174
04-21-2013, 02:23 AM
Delta Corvi:

Some graphical issues with Vrimek.
http://www.abload.de/img/vrimekvws25.png
Ensign
# 175
04-21-2013, 03:00 AM
Khitomer Conference:
Just some observations regarding this mission, decided to rerun it as a few things stood out

Federation side
http://i.imgur.com/81XJhRPh.jpg
The first row of the Klingon NPCs [Honor Guard] just feels out of place, if anything I would expect M.A.C.O or Omega Force Operatives to be there as the first tier for the Federation delegation with the Red Shirts as second tier. Just my opinion, but I would swap out those Klingon NPCs for M.A.C.O/Omega Force.

Romulan side
http://i.imgur.com/bmmL4frh.jpg
Although the Romulan Republic being in it's infancy, there is a distinct lack of security in a comparable manner to the Federation delegation. Taking into account Sela's presence, I would have expected Tal Shiar NPCs and/or the Romulan Empires Red Shirt equivalent being present in those two rows or at least something that would represent the might of the Romulan Empire as still being a force to reckon with. Considering they want to intimidate D'Tan and his movement. Or, at the very least, with D'Tan's delegation occupying the lower right corner and Sela's the upper right, placing the relevant security for the each faction on the two rows with the middle being left empty (?) or with one Klingon NPC there.

Map View
http://i.imgur.com/DfwOsqjh.jpg
The map view provides a good comparison showing the differences between the NPCs placement.
Career Officer
# 176
04-21-2013, 03:22 AM
Ok so not sure if this is a bug or just designed this way but I did find it quite infuriating.

The ground part of the home sweet home mission. I had no choice but to follow the path laid out and I couldn't take any short cuts over the hills or through the flowers etc..
So the mission took me a lot longer than it needed too.
Ensign
# 177
04-21-2013, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the invite to closed beta.
I was pleasantly surprised with the tutorial. The story flows smoothly and it gives you a real rpg feeling which is refreshing. Visually Virinat colony looks great, like a small peaceful village. Dewa 3 is just beautiful. There are some things that simple farmer from a small colony should not know but thats been said already. No new bugs that I know of.
Romulan story seems to be very well developed and you did a great job.
Lt. Commander
# 178
04-21-2013, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post

Visual Bug: On entering Eta Eridani, captain Harvson hailed me. The bridge viewer "Frame" was missing, and instead of Harvson's bridge he was surrounded by bare-chested Gorns against a light blue skybox. He was still in his captain's chair and apparently oblivious to his "location."
I wish you took a screenshot
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Career Officer
# 179
04-21-2013, 04:08 AM
I finished the tutorial up to exploring the flotilla and accepting the suliban mission. No apparant bugs to report other than auto fire sometimes only firing once and then needing to be clicked again but I think that was already happening on holodeck. Other than that great job Cryptic! The tutorial, even in it's unfinished state was much more fun and engaging both in terms of gameplay and storytelling than the original 2010 Federation tutorial ever was and I look forward to playing the finished version in May.

One thing I would like to add is that it would be very helpful if we could get a preset for the republic uniform. I spent most of the energy credits I got from selling my first armor to try multiple times to match the color scheme with the NPCs and it still doesn't look right.

Last edited by captainsamson; 04-21-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Captain
# 180
04-21-2013, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsamson View Post
I finished the tutorial up to exploring the flotilla and accepting the suliban mission. No apparant bugs to report other than auto fire sometimes only firing once and then needing to be clicked again but I think that was already happening on holodeck. Other than that great job Cryptic! The tutorial, even in it's unfinished state was much more fun and engaging both in terms of gameplay and storytelling than the original 2010 Federation tutorial ever was and I look forward to playing the finished version in May.

One thing I would like to add is that it would be very helpful if we could get a preset for the republic uniform. I spent most of the energy credits I got from selling my first armor to try multiple times to match the color scheme with the NPCs and it still doesn't look right.
Same thing for the Tal Shiar uniform.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.