Starfleet Veteran
# 221
04-23-2013, 12:09 AM
Major Bug: When clicking to assign BOFFS to Ground Away Team slots game client crashes to desktop EVERY time..

Also mission Neutral No More: Unable to engage Nausicaan Pirates. They won't change from ally to enemy stance to engage. Unable to drop mission to retake it, box is greyed out and waiting a few mins outside system doesn't fix problem..

Devs: We REALLY NEED the ability to drop a mission and retake it put into testing. We have shown many times in the past this can sort out a lot of bugs both in testing and on holodeck...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010

Last edited by wolfpacknz; 04-23-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Career Officer
# 222
04-23-2013, 12:32 AM
I just had an idea for Turning Point. Replace Admiral T'Nae with Admiral Zelle. As she is referred to as an expert in Romulans it makes more sense that she would be present. This mission occurs before events resulting in Divide et Impera (Fed level 19), it might work better for the mission. Zelle could be overheard mentioning T'Nae's doubts to Sugihara.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

<=============================
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Lt. Commander
# 223
04-23-2013, 12:48 AM
I really enjoyed this arc for the most part. The tutorial is amazing. This is the kind of tutorial this game has needed from the beginning. All the objectives are clear, every step teaches the player something, it introduces the player to the story of the faction immediately, and it's just full of flavor. The starter world is really beautiful.

The conference at Khitomer was really well done. This is the other mission that really stood out in this arc. I appreciated how Sugihara seems overbearing and obnoxious, while insulting the Klingon ambassador makes him like you more. The space combat in this one was great, and I enjoyed the interactions with Ja'rod.

All the other missions in this are really good. I don't have anything specific to say about them, but they're all consistently excellent. This is seriously some of the best content made for this game.

I'm not sold on the alliance mechanic yet. I realize it's not going to change, and it makes sense from a story perspective, but the way it divides Romulan players seems counterproductive to what the Romulans are trying to accomplish, and being able to fly the ally's ships just doesn't make any sense. I'll give more feedback on this as I continue to play this character.
Lt. Commander
# 224
04-23-2013, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
I just had an idea for Turning Point. Replace Admiral T'Nae with Admiral Zelle. As she is referred to as an expert in Romulans it makes more sense that she would be present. This mission occurs before events resulting in Divide et Impera (Fed level 19), it might work better for the mission. Zelle could be overheard mentioning T'Nae's doubts to Sugihara.
This is a fantastic idea. When I first saw T'Nae speak so poorly of the Romulans, I was surprised. I'm sure T'Nae is capable of telling the difference between Tal'Shiar subterfuge and the genuine wish for Romulan civilians to live a more peaceful, honest life. Putting Zelle in this mission instead to express doubt and mistrust would be far more appropriate.
Career Officer
# 225
04-23-2013, 01:04 AM
An issue I have found is every now and then my Boffs
Unslot from the ship stations. Which was a little frustrating when the two romulan fleets go head to head.

Loved the mission where you get brain washed and you have selia in your head when your doing the wrong thing. I really hope the voice over for that mission is really cold and erie.
Ensign
# 226
04-23-2013, 01:22 AM
As you have been hearing in spades....This ROCKS!!! Love so many of the new adjustments you all have worked so hard on it is hard to choose a favorite. BRAVO!

Now for the Beta testing task, i am probably repeating a few things or many, read through 12 pages of this thread so bare with me. also i tend to jump around in thought so...

In edit your appearance neck bulk adjustment makes collar Pixelate or more so crawl along edges of flesh.

no voice only dialog (read explanation so understand with launch)

when in space the firing arcs of your ship and the other you are in there face nailing lock. which is cool for me, i am latched on and can plummet them too death.

When comparing a drop engine with what was issued, both of there 'flight turn rate' constantly cycle.

'auto travel' has a habit of disengaging and sending ship past the target. (Intermittent but more then a third)

exchange was not active on flotta but must be a ? level thing? for when i came back after reaching 10 it appeared.

On away teams Only the crew skills show more then they have leveled/activated

Can function tasks underwater. should they not be in distress or pretending to be drowning

On Dewa III you can walk threw many plant life

after C X stance when captain holsters weapon and threats are gone crew will still have weapons out hot.

When weapons are out in C X and comm screen pops up and is closed all are back in passive mode. have to reengage weapons and stance.

Chat window in/out between screens

ship weapons seem to pull to left even when what you are firing on is still.

Bridge officers drop from stations after beam back up from away team and sometimes mission completions.

My captain can not go into the 'Distress Signal' action (Bigger Picture, Hromi sector) . I hit continue to help the SS Daendle and the communication disappears. so way to do it. Went in and out of system to try and jar it, warped back to floatta then traveled back, also unable to DROP mission and reestablish.

Neutral no More- seems to be glitched. even though i already have the level 10 ship it still says i have to get a ship. It even states in the shipyard the ship was purchased. SO will not let me do anymore of the missions until i acquire my free ship, which i have. Plus it still shows a 'hail' option. So i am stuck atm, unable to go to Allies story line ectra...

But LoR still rocks!

PS: LOVE LOVE LOVE the way I acquired my Bridge officers, so awesome!

Last edited by kaliabel; 04-23-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Career Officer
# 227
04-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklinaar View Post
This is a fantastic idea. When I first saw T'Nae speak so poorly of the Romulans, I was surprised. I'm sure T'Nae is capable of telling the difference between Tal'Shiar subterfuge and the genuine wish for Romulan civilians to live a more peaceful, honest life. Putting Zelle in this mission instead to express doubt and mistrust would be far more appropriate.
My only concern is that I'm aware that T'Nae has a following amongst the STO player base. And she has good voice-over talent attached to her these days. I don't think Zelle was ever voiced. But I don't think that should prevent better storytelling for Turning Point.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

<=============================
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Ensign
# 228
04-23-2013, 01:57 AM
Got to level 21 this weekend. First of all: What you made with this expansion is really exciting! I really got that 'Star Trek Feeling' by playing it! IMHO the missions are great!
But ...
Bugs: I played with Linux/Wine (low resolution/ details) and Win7 (highest possible resolution/ details): No crashes (the Wine workaround works great on Linux/Wine!). There are only some graphic issues which were mentioned already, except maybe:
-The tailor/ character creator zoom is centred on the belly - not the face.
-Animation: After using C + X on ground maps, the BOFF's don't walk any more. They are 'sliding' over the ground somehow.

-Missions: There still are several typos in the dialogues (f.e. Smash and Grab: dialogue with Charva: "Maybe Rinna has already been been ...".
-Who's Riley? (Wouldn't it be better to use Romulan Crew NPC contacts?)
-Mission 'Smash and Grab': After accessing the computer on the bridge first a video starts, than you get the results of your hacking. Wouldn't it be more logical the other way round: First results than video?
Lieutenant
G,day,

My legacy of Romulus experience hit yet another high today so id like to Share my thoughts.

SEARCH FOR NEW ROMULUS MISSION:

What a compelling Story in all aspects!. I entered this mission with my mind set on Consistency and story Strength and what i find is quite Surprising seeing that could you keep up with the story and build upon that level of Dedication, you did this!.

When i beamed down to new Romulus, the Ambient sound of alien animals filled my Headphones creating a very Immersive and ery environment and that environment really suited the scenery, it just worked. The level was almost cannon with james cameron's AVATAR and transported me into the alien world filled with the most Spectacular scenery i have ever seen so far in sto If you keep this Amazing theme going and plus what's been done then you will have all our jaws dropping in shear Amazement and immersive environments with a story that respects the art of the map, Well done Indeed

Possible Bug:

Some Areas with water on new Romulus have water thats supposed to be Flat oddly going up and down where waterfalls should be. Also noted are areas in some streams cause screen to show underwater View.

More Feedback to come!.

Cheers Azurerail1
Commander
# 230
04-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I thought that we didn't have to make the choice of alliance until Level 40???

Be nice if first-time Romulan players got to know what they are in for when choosing a side. The Explainations was outright abyssmal!
Most articles and dev comments concerning this have said up front that the decision is made at 10, but Romulan specific content continues until 40.

In fact, the first article posted by dastahl mentioned the level 10 ally requirement without mentioning the 40 levels of content and he had to address that shortly thereafter because people were thinking there were only 10 levels of Romulan content.