Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Commander
# 21
04-18-2013, 05:37 PM
In The Search for New Romulus, the "warp to location" clicky on the mission list is bugged; it takes you to Galorndon Core, and not the specifically displayed location.
Career Officer
# 22
04-18-2013, 06:06 PM
I sure hope you add better textures or some bump mapping to the vegetables in the market on Virinat colony. They look terrible! It looks like you Google'd a pic and put it there as a place holder really, so that is what I am assuming
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Captain
# 23
04-18-2013, 06:08 PM
I got as far as the second post of this thread, saw the words "The Suliban Helix", and decided I need to self-ban myself from being in this thread before I drive myself insane.

Have fun boys and girls.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Cryptic Studios Team
# 24
04-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepreditor View Post
As requested, a few shots of a graphical anomoly.

http://ompldr.org/vaTU1dA/screenshot...9-01-18-56.jpg
http://ompldr.org/vaTU1dQ/screenshot...9-01-19-29.jpg
http://ompldr.org/vaTU1dw/screenshot...9-01-19-42.jpg
http://ompldr.org/vaTU1eA/screenshot...9-01-20-11.jpg

Hope this helps.
Also hope OMP doesn't mind STO IPs accessing his site or this post might not help much lol
Awesome! thank you so much mike! This will get looked at for sure.
Former Ship Artist now Environment Artist @ Cryptic

\\// Live Long and Prosper
Captain
# 25
04-18-2013, 06:31 PM
First impression-OMFG THIS IS SICK. The colony is awesome, the interiors are awesome. I can't wait to see the finished intro, with voice over. I'm kinda disappointed that the tier 1 ship was a TOS BoP. The design is okay, but I'm thinking that ~200 years later they'd have different textures. Unless it was supposed to be an old relic, which wasn't quite clear. It just that it was damaged and needed parts.

Couple of glitches though.

I started with a female with the Survivor Romulan 1 costume.

On the character creator if you click on the advanced tab it shows four boxes. Only the first box does anything.

The default seems to be a scarf for collar. If I picked another face option the scarf disappeared. I had to go advanced options to change it back.

When you press the scan key it waves your hand- hand is empty.

after any cut scene, or zone change, the text box completely disappears.

When I was in the vineyard I didn't really see any vines. Just a little green stuff and shadow boxes, like I was on the edge of an object.

At the end of the first part of the tutorial I was supposed to meet Tovan Kher. But, I spent so much time exploring the awesomeness of the map that I'd forgotten where he was. There wasn't an arrow to point me back.

During the celebration cut scene all the NPCs were halfway through the ground. If there was supposed to be somebody at the podium I couldnt' see him.

When I got to pick up a new rifle I had to manually equip it. Unless I blasted through it too quick I didn't see any directions on how to equip. (kinda important for new players.)

During the Flight From Virinat cut scene- when you arrive at the D'Deridex- it seemed as if some of the characters did not appear over backgrounds. From the subtitles it looked like I was supposed to be watching a conversation, but all I saw was the background.

Just based on the first hour I'm excited and rethinking getting the Legacy Pack. Initially I wasn't planning on getting it. It's alot of money for one pack. But, if it's as sick as the rest of STOLoR then I think I can scrape up a few dollars.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Absolutely gorgeous; the new settlement is awesome! It really looks awesome with max graphics settings.
Career Officer
# 27
04-18-2013, 06:47 PM
I noticed that the far of terrain on Virinat (specifically the grass/green areas) does not increase in texture quality if you extend the Video setting "World Detail Distance" from it's default 100% to 200%.

Furthermore, it seems that the world detail setting will repeatedly default back to 100% even if you had set it higher earlier (after a map transition). This is something that is on live too.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Commander
# 28
04-18-2013, 06:55 PM
I gotta say that the story and cinematics presented in the missions are a VAST improvement over the existing materials. The character animations aren't overly dramatic like someone making fun of Shatner, the gameplay is smooth and entertaining. This is definitely a step in the right direction. I'm also not finding the missions to be unnecessarily long, definitely a good thing; they're quick, to the point and still tell a story.
Ensign
# 29
04-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Big nitpick for me is having to take and level a toon to 25 just to go ahead and test Romulan content...that's terrible indeed. I remember HAVING to level a toon on Tribble before to do some things and I didn't like it then, nor do I like it now.

I have found it very disconcerting that for as long as I have been playing STO, for all I have done in testing that I was not even contacted to do beta, but yet...I have many, many fleet members whom have been on Tribble ALL day today. I have been playing since a couple of months after launch and wonder what gives with no invite...didn't know exactly where it should go, but figured here was as good a place as any...so...do I get an invite or do I have to do something special since A good 8-10 people in my fleet have already been testing what I have been waiting for...

Last edited by terribleromulan; 04-18-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Career Officer
# 30
04-18-2013, 07:17 PM
loving everything so far, especially both the Dungeon Siege and the War of the Worlds feel you put into it so far....

HOWEVER, you should make it so that people visiting their bridges, can't jump into the engine pit below the singularity containment vessel

they get stuck there and can't return to tactical view