Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Ensign
# 31
04-18-2013, 07:25 PM
I like the designs of the new enemy race and the War of the World walkers.

My biggest gripe is somehow I missed getting a kit in the starter planet. Was one even offered there? I do not know and I haven't seen a kit as a quest reward so far. On the reman planet, the final boss, the mysterious ship threw me for a loop. It was really tedious trying to destroy that ship. Was there something special we had to do for it?

Other than those complaints, I liked my experience so far. I especially like how you get your Boffs.
Captain
# 32
04-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by argent007 View Post
HOWEVER, you should make it so that people visiting their bridges, can't jump into the engine pit below the singularity containment vessel

they get stuck there and can't return to tactical view
This is the only problem I have encountered thusfar, I would like to have more Virinat like content. Regardless of that however an excellent effort thusfar and I look forward to the expansion going live.

I will continue to voice any concerns as I find them
Rihannsu
# 33
04-18-2013, 07:41 PM
I really loved the tutorial. So great. Can we go back to that planet?

A couple things:
1) Text in the tutorial is way too fast.
2) The BOFFs on the Romulan bridge feet are going through the floor again. Hate that.
3) Liked the layout, hope there's more options of the ship interior. But jumped into the singular core.

Last edited by superherofan; 04-18-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 34
04-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan View Post
I really loved the tutorial. So great. Can we go back to that planet?
A Virinat social zone would be fantastic.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
04-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Done with the first part and added the comments to my first post.

While good, there are some things that really need to be addressed. Especially in the finiancial department.
Lieutenant
# 36
04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
Well done, amazing story for the start of the Romulan Republic. I also liked how the bridge officers you acquired have a backstory associated with them, that you actually played through.

Before I saw this thread, made another thread about a minor nitpick about the phaser rifle in Gasko Blues.

In Turning Point, the final cutscene on Khitomer occurs before you enter the council chambers for the speech.
Ensign
# 37
04-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Who designed Home Sweet Home? Following the snake pattern to find the 23 clickies before you get to the Tholians, which then turns into a space confrontation, which then turns into a trek to the Floatilla reaaallly drags.
Career Officer
# 38
04-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Now this is different. I'm actually posting on here, after 3+ years of lurking! After this, I plan to go back to doing just that, so you're aware

That said, like those of you posting, I too was fortunate enough to receive an invite to play the closed Beta, and played through the first Act. I have to be honest, outside of a couple of things hat others have mentioned, this is the most enjoyable time I've had playing Star Trek Online in quite some time. The story thus far is great, and it's nice to be able to visit various locations not previously accessable. Also nice to see a bit of a precursor to what eventually became New Romulus.

I plan on playing through the remainder of the available story into the weekend, however it's safe to say I'm quite excited to see the finished product next month.

Thank you to the powers that be for allowing me to be part of this Beta run.

Now back to my hidden corner.
Lieutenant
# 39
04-18-2013, 08:33 PM
As a first time tester, do you have any tips for what i should be doing?
Career Officer
# 40
04-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Few things:

1) The text at the start for the Tutorial world was a bit fast but I can read it just fine either way.

2) The Tailor needs a few tweaks. I was able to put on my character's Republic uniform no problem. but when it came time to see her Allegiance Uniform...... No dice, I couldn't see her, I couldn't see any of the bridge officers in the tailor at all.

3) (I know it's already being addressed), the Tholian Commander on New Romulus is a bit OP and should be knocked down a peg or two. It's something else to fight something like that at lvl 8 and the buggers have you cornered, lol.

Overall.. Love, love, LOVE the work. The tutorial world is lovely and the touch ups are great. The ship designs are wonderful and the missions are looking good. The Walkers give you that "Holy Crap" moment, especially the ones on Cratis when the one seems to be looking right at you. Can't wait to see the further developments.

Cryptic Join Date: March 2010
"We will not go quietly into the night" ~Independence Day