Captain
# 11
04-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Wait, wait, just checked my email I got an invite to!!! Bring on the bugs!!!
Sounds like leverage to use on your wife for that Legacy Pack.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 12
04-18-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't see why people are excited to do the devs job for them, and for free. LOL.

This looks like a big headache, I'll wait for them to finish the product before trying it unless there is some kind of discount on z-store stuff or something free you get for this, and not just a tribble. I doubt this will be very playable so soon, just nonstop bugs to report, not very fun.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Now we'll know who to blame...
Commander
# 14
04-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I don't see why people are excited to do the devs job for them, and for free. LOL.

This looks like a big headache, I'll wait for them to finish the product before trying it unless there is some kind of discount on z-store stuff or something free you get for this, and not just a tribble. I doubt this will be very playable so soon, just nonstop bugs to report, not very fun.
Because there aren't enough devs to do the job properly. There never could be. You know all those annoying ass bugs that show up randomly with the weekly patch on live? That's the devs doing all the testing. You can't possibly expect a handful of devs to bring the variety of gear combinations, playstyles, and behavior to the table that a few hundred/couple thousand players can.

It's quite fun, to me, because I get to learn the ins and outs of things, even if broken at times, before others that don't take part.
Career Officer
# 15
04-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileight1 View Post
hahah ^ this
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Empire Veteran
# 16
04-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileight1 View Post
Grabs pitchforks and torches....
Career Officer
# 17
04-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattimeo97 View Post
Because there aren't enough devs to do the job properly. There never could be. You know all those annoying ass bugs that show up randomly with the weekly patch on live? That's the devs doing all the testing. You can't possibly expect a handful of devs to bring the variety of gear combinations, playstyles, and behavior to the table that a few hundred/couple thousand players can.

It's quite fun, to me, because I get to learn the ins and outs of things, even if broken at times, before others that don't take part.
Exactly this.

You want to find out every way possible to break a game? Then you throw as many people as you can at it. Nobody can poke holes in a game better than its players.
Ensign
# 18
04-18-2013, 07:15 PM
I've been playing my new Romulan for a couple hours now and no bugs so far, very very smooth. Good job Devs!
Career Officer
# 19
04-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galacticroamer35 View Post
I've been playing my new Romulan for a couple hours now and no bugs so far, very very smooth. Good job Devs!
*pats his bat in the palm of his hand* yeah... there better be no bugs *spits on the ground* *glares* lol =D
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Career Officer
# 20
04-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhawk2013 View Post
That I got selected as beta tester for the Legacy. I am surprised. Pleasantly.
I just got home and checked my email and also was pleasantly surprised to be chosen to beta. I'm looking forward to seeing whats in store.
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama