Career Officer
# 181
05-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamrezeau1982 View Post
I can't say I've noticed uniform clipping, but I have observed a lack of an undo button in the tailor which would be nice to have back.
Yes, for all that is holy, bring back the undo button!

My character has for uniform slots, one is locked because I haven't joined a fleet.
The other three I can edit. Usually with little problems.

The problem is that sometimes, like then I beamed down to Nimbus for the 2nd time and to Qu'noS for the 2nd time the uniform I was wearing changes to the first one. After that it is impossible to get the other one back other then to go to the tailor again. Load the saved uniforms (I had to do that because it's too much work to redo them every time this happens. Do that for all 3 uniforms and then play like that for a while then I'm able to edit the other two back to the way they were. And it works for a bit then the same bug appears.

I'm ROM KDF Female Engineer.

Oh and why isn't there a female engineering uniform like there is for the male Romulans?
Commander
# 182 Undo button is a blessing
05-11-2013, 05:21 AM
I agree that the undo button should be in there, it is just far too handy not to have.
As someone who has 2 manned KAGE, 3 manned IGE and CGE, been here longer than my join date suggests and put in the effort to learn the game for myself, I would like to put it to you that I know what I'm doing.
Lt. Commander
# 183
05-11-2013, 08:06 AM
I've found the new uniform feature a pain in the @$$......the older one was easier
Ensign
# 184
05-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarastheslayer View Post
I agree that the undo button should be in there, it is just far too handy not to have.
I also was looking around for the undo button after I changed all the colors by accident.

Some of the straps on the chest gear clip, but look awesome nonetheless.

And finally, I love the Romulan republic uniforms, especially with that off-green and brown colors!
Empire Veteran
# 185
05-11-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm sure it's been mentioned but:

Chest belts tend to do a lot of clipping, especially on females.

Klingon Romulan pants (both) clip over most boots (except oddly enough the Klingon Romulan boots).

Hivan's collar is available to Tovan.

There is a number of "empty" color options (options that do not affect color in any way).

Different color palates to different pieces: this makes it kinda annoying to try to match (for example the Reman Hood).

There are a number of pieces whose color is "linked" to another piece, and in one case linked to character skin color (ie change a color on the belt, and it changes the color on the hood).
VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
Ensign
# 186
05-11-2013, 02:01 PM
At lv 4, when I was told I received a new uniform reward pack. It wasn't in my inventory and when I went to the tailor, I had no new options. My uniform tab that chooses between off-duty and regular on the live servers was grayed out.

As for clipping, I noticed that any shirt with a collar has the tips sticking out when you also select the Survivor scarf.

Would post more, but server seems to be down
Ensign
# 187
05-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Ok, so a couple of problems I'm finding:

Firstly, I find the new uniform picker is a bit confusing. The outfit choices are unpredictable in the way they display themselves for characters and bridge officers. And the character-specific items, while very cool, make it even more difficult to work out if everything's there that should be there, or if a character/Boff is missing items of uniform that they should have.

For my character, the uniform picker still only shows the initial choices from the game start - no Romulan Republic uniforms, no faction uniforms, no career-specific uniforms. You have to go into the advanced uniforms sector and try out all the tab options to find any trace of the new uniforms you're supposed to be acquiring.

For Tovan, a career-track uniform option gets shown in the main uniform picker (along with a female version) but it's for the wrong profession - he's supposed to be tactical, not an engineer.

By contrast, while Veril is an engineering officer, she's not offered an engineering uniform, or any career-track uniform.

Of the two science/medical track bridge officers, Hiven isn't offered a medical/science uniform - or isn't there an equivalent one for men to compliment Sontra's?

More generally, as mentioned by someone above, the klingon-romulan tight trousers are awesome, but they clip on all calf/knee-high boots except the klingon ones.

Relatedly (and if this isn't quite the right thread, I apologise) in the hair selector, if you select a light or artificial colour with one of the asymmetric bobs on a female character/Boff, there's an odd layer of lighter hair that clips into the style and leaves an odd patch at the back of the head.
Captain
# 188
05-11-2013, 03:35 PM
So a problem my fleet found: Since we can only use uniform pieces that we start with as fleet uniform pieces, we can't use the Romulan Republic, Romulan Federation or Romulan Klingon pieces for fleet uniforms.

Since (if I'm not mistaken) you can't join a fleet until after you choose an ally, those pieces should be allowed for fleets, since everyone in a fleet should be able to wear them unlike many other unlockable costume pieces.
Survivor of Romulus
# 189
05-11-2013, 05:46 PM
I would still like the option of 'no undershirt' for romulan males.

The Remens look great, but their spotted/mottled patterns don't appear on their chests and arms. They need texturing and coloration.

The Remens lack the pale gray/ashen skin and vein textures of Nemesis and Enterprise.

I think the verity of uniforms and the 'space cowboy' inspiration was well done. I like the option of donning a clean Republic uniform, or having my crew look like a rag tag group of Serenity Romulans. Well done.
Ensign
# 190
05-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Overall it's awesome but it would be nice if you'd put the preset rom kllingon uniform with all the colors sine i like generic look not spending 10mn customizing the rom klink uniform the look like rom klink. Same applies for rom republice uniform. We want uniform presets! Open beta's up love you devvies!