Commander
# 191
05-11-2013, 07:33 PM
That's another thing... no ashen gray option for Remans.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Starfleet Veteran
# 192 Uniform Clipping
05-11-2013, 09:00 PM
The hand on Rom toon is clipping deeply into the pouch worn over shoulder and on belt.

The Orion (KDF) uniform is clipping into the waste of the too's body.
Career Officer
# 193 I don't like the uniforms
05-11-2013, 09:12 PM
As a whole the uniforms are ugly also when I tried to change the colors the color charts didn't have enough color selections and the ones they had were dull and lifeless.
Rihannsu
# 194
05-12-2013, 01:17 AM
http://www.imagebam.com/image/a144eb254139158 - Boots are showing through the pants.
# 195
05-12-2013, 06:02 AM
I enjoyed using the new UI to fashion a uniform for my toon. The visual displays of items, such as hairstyles, is nice. The Rommie UI looks and feels Rihannsu. The color palette needs some more work. Difficult to match colors for various parts of the uniform. I suggest simply copy/pasting the Fed color palettes to the other two. The diversity of the KDF colors has always been lacking and it appears so far the Romulans will be as limited to a different part of the spectrum.

I want the capability of walking around Qo'Nos and Mol'Rihan in some of the eye-hurting shades and styles I've seen on ESD. If Starfleet can have people outfitted in Easter Egg pastels which clash badly with each other, the KDF and the Rommies should be awarded similar abilities.
Ensign
# 196 character generator
05-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Actually, I have some problem with the character generator program. 1. its good, that we have the option to see the different hair-styles and face-styles in the beginning, but sometimes it could be disturbingly much, so it would be more practical, if it would be an otional window, like the chat-window during the game. So you could close this function, when you dont need it, and open it, when you want to use it. 2., Sometimes, if you want to change the uniform styles from uniform/ off duty, the character generator starts the whole process anew from basic features, this mean, that even the face of the character is dissapears. I think, its a disturbing feature, I mean, I need the same face off duty as in duty, only the clothes are different, so to create the face anew is a problematic process.
Lt. Commander
# 197 romulan clothing/uniforms
05-12-2013, 09:15 AM
everything looks quite ok, but limiting colour options on some pieces to merry, pastel and eye-biting is a bad joke... to say the least - allow more natural colours! especially brown-greys, green-greys and green-browns

second thing is about interface, especially right side with thumbnails
to put it simply - a HCI error, it's annoying, it keeps getting under cursor making uniform changes/character creation experience a nuisance - just get rid of it or allow as to turn it off

Last edited by drachenfeles; 05-12-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Career Officer
# 198
05-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Here's a couple of things I've noticed:

Generic Romulan Boffs that you get from leveling up or from the vendor seem to have their second colour box linked between their jacket and undershirt. So if you change one, it changes both.

I could use different colours on my Captain and on the first few Boffs you get as part of the story (Tovan etc).

Also a generic Reman Boff I got seems to be missing the Romulan Republic boot options.
Ensign
# 199 Undo Button?
05-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I think it would be nice to have the "Undo" button back on the Customize Clothing screens! Thanks!
Captain
# 200
05-12-2013, 02:04 PM
I like many features of the new Tailor but I have a few complaints.
1st - The color palettes are inconsistent and confusing, some items have a full spectrum of colors and others only a partial one, all numbered differently, making color choices a needlessly complicated process.
2nd - Having the facial and hair preset images placed around the character window is a really bad idea, it makes it far too easy for a player to radically change his or her character's appearance accidentally. The preset images should only appear with the preset costume windows but when a player selects the advanced customization slider options the preset images should disappear.
3rd - There is no undo button making it hard to correct simple mistakes short of loading a saved costume image or starting over from scratch.
4th - The Character window is far too dark making it hard to correctly choose colors and skin tones.
5th - There are no facial hair options for Romulan males. They have 5 o'clock shadows so they must shave, their Vulcan cousins have full facial hair options so why don't Romulans?
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........

Last edited by maxvitor; 05-13-2013 at 05:45 AM.