Ensign
# 211
05-13-2013, 02:48 AM
Several of the belts and pouches clip rather noticeably with several of the shirts/tops. Actually I think all the belts except the male standard one did...

Please add more skirts for the Romulan faction females. (I didn't say women, because technically to be a man or a woman you have to be an adult Human of a particular gender (It's part of the definition of the word)...and they aren't humans. They're Romulans...)

Please add more of the nice new hairs with the nice textures that look more like hair, not that I dislike all the hairs that were there already... I like some of the short ones, close ones, and ponytails... Just that the new ones looked particularly hair like.

Please fix the back of the new (apparently Romulan only...damn it...) female hair. It's rather thin near the middle and you can see a bit of skin texture. This is likely to be more prominent on larger headed characters, possibly to the point of definite and obvious clipping.

Please add some less pointy Romulan tops (on the shoulders) and maybe a pair or two of good boots to the kdf that don't have spikes on them... not everything kdf has or needs spikes... maybe a dagger sheath inside the top or along the side...but not spikes...

I didn't check, but if you haven't, please fix the marauding kdf officer customization so that it works.

Please let me close the side box of face presets if I've hit the advanced buttons (like 'head' and 'body') because it is in the way and kind of annoying when I bring my mouse back across from turning the char to check how things look.

Please fix the makeup coloring (I only messed with coloring on the females...so I don't remember what the selection box is actually called) because it seems to be tied to the eye's iris color for some reason... and thank you for apparently fixing the annoying link between skin and eye 'whites' color box. It is possible an 'Alien' Species (the one named Alien, obviously...) only issue, I can't recall at the moment if I had the problem on the Reman (for makeup) or my boffs and orion (for the eye 'whites' on Holodeck).

It is difficult to see where exactly the slider box is on the bar. Perhaps make the bar wider then the selector or make the selector transparent in the middle so you can tell where the box lines are?

While I would like to see more styles (especially non-uniform tops for both genders, and more skirts for the females) and have a personal dislike for extra pointy garments... I thought most of the Romulan uniform options were well done. Although some of the garments had unusual color selections...and seemed to not have certain colors available... like true reds (something that's always annoyed me on the ship color selections) and both silver and gold are hard to get looking 'right'.

I seem to recall that the makeup selection for female characters was separate from the skin gradient/aging of their skin now, if that's right. Thanks. It was annoying having it the same selector.

By the way, it would be kind of nice to not have to change your rank badge every time you change ranks. I know that's part of why you get the free costume change at rank up but that's actually supposed to be part of the Ceremony when you get promoted... and have a ceremony... If I remember my dad's promotions right, he got one set, and had to buy more for his other uniforms. I don't remember if officers just needed to buy the clothe ones or if they had to buy extra sets of the pins beyond the first.
How about giving a costume option to automatically adjust your rank badge when you're promoted (as well as the free costume change please) so that people who want to show off an incorrect rank (and those of use who don't show it at all) can continue to do so without making people go in and change it for themselves and their Boffs? My boffs normally don't show rank until they're commanders simply because I don't want to have to go change it or leave it 'wrong' until I fix it. Sorry if this is too out of place, but I figured Romulan outfits would be working the same on their rank badges...
Ensign
I have been playing since i was invited to closed beta for the Romulans and I've noticed some things that i'd really think others would like added back as well.

1. I'd like to see more hair for males and more longer hair for females, such as the mohawk for both males and females, and possibly the rest of the long hair options for females. Plus my main Avatar Scott Tetrius, I would love to have the Fauxhawk for romulans

2. Possibly add the skirt that is shown when you have to choose a faction, i could not find the fed skirt when i was putting it on my female Romulan. Also please add the cool hair that the male Romulan for KDF has, its a cool new style and i believe everyone would like to see it there.

3. The turn rate for the Dhelan Warbird is slightly annoying when I've flown it haha.

4. I believe the way Veril had looked at the start of closed Beta was much better than how she looks after the tribble avatars got erased. (i miss my first romulan xD ) The way Reman females look now... looks like they are the morbid spawn of Voldemort!

5. I'd like to see the whole update go well, I've had fun playing to level 20 before Tribble live started and i really hope us closed beta testers get a little treat when it comes to Holodeck I am very glad that we finally have Romulans as a playable faction in our game and i look forward to the new and exciting up coming events and content that comes with the new seasons ahead!
Captain
# 213
05-13-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sythkainyn View Post
Several of the belts and pouches clip rather noticeably with several of the shirts/tops. Actually I think all the belts except the male standard one did...

Please add more skirts for the Romulan faction females. (I didn't say women, because technically to be a man or a woman you have to be an adult Human of a particular gender (It's part of the definition of the word)...and they aren't humans. They're Romulans...)
According to this site, the Rihansu words for woman (thus Romulan female) is nviahr, which I like a lot or kraeter. (For the record male is draes).

Quote:
Please add more of the nice new hairs with the nice textures that look more like hair, not that I dislike all the hairs that were there already... I like some of the short ones, close ones, and ponytails... Just that the new ones looked particularly hair like.
I'll say again, more hair, and more hair for ALL!

Quote:
Please fix the makeup coloring (I only messed with coloring on the females...so I don't remember what the selection box is actually called) because it seems to be tied to the eye's iris color for some reason... and thank you for apparently fixing the annoying link between skin and eye 'whites' color box. It is possible an 'Alien' Species (the one named Alien, obviously...) only issue, I can't recall at the moment if I had the problem on the Reman (for makeup) or my boffs and orion (for the eye 'whites' on Holodeck).

I seem to recall that the makeup selection for female characters was separate from the skin gradient/aging of their skin now, if that's right. Thanks. It was annoying having it the same selector.
I've always had issues with the makeup being so completely linked. Instead of having eyeshadow and lipstick and such separate, it's all lumped together. Rather unusual.

Quote:
While I would like to see more styles (especially non-uniform tops for both genders, and more skirts for the females) and have a personal dislike for extra pointy garments... I thought most of the Romulan uniform options were well done. Although some of the garments had unusual color selections...and seemed to not have certain colors available... like true reds (something that's always annoyed me on the ship color selections) and both silver and gold are hard to get looking 'right'.
I've always been curious why there are color restrictions on pieces of clothing. Always seemed rather arbitrary to me. Is it an issue with rendering? And I'm looking forward to more uniform styles as they come down the line, and really hope that Cryptic will keep the clothing options coming, across all factions. But you can't go wrong with more skirts.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Survivor of Romulus
# 214
05-13-2013, 07:27 AM
  • Why can't Remans wear ally-faction trousers?
  • There needs to be more consistency in what costume pieces are available on BOffs (ie. some only get one hip attach, some get a completely different item selection from others for the same piece), and the colour palette used for each item.
  • PLEASE stop locking the colours of some items with others (eg. wrist attach and belt). It makes it nigh impossible to customise the appearance of BOffs to exactly how we want them.
Career Officer
# 215
05-13-2013, 09:06 AM
mostly liking the uniforms a lot, however the presets are very limited and it would be nice as you unlocked the uniforms that new presets became available for them as well, personally I find it makes it easy to start at the default Romulan Republic uniform with the standard colors the npc's wear and then customize it too your own tastes rather than starting with the random civilian stuff and going from there, especially if you want your crew to all have a matching uniform.

one problem I did have however was the Reman head wear option I tried the hood on my Reman Boff and it ether clipped with most clothes or just didn't match at all the color was always off and the style didn't seem to match with anything I tried
Survivor of Romulus
# 216
05-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Several uniform pieces have Federation ranks attached (commander instead of sub commander , captain instead of Commander) this is shoulder pads

Some officers of equal rank have different options available??

also Remans can not wear the Klingon Armoured options (female reman I tried to give her body armour)
presumably this is to avoid Reman cleavage scaring the vulcan ambassador (she doesn't HAVE cleavage she is Veril)

Can't get a decent purple either
Survivor of Romulus
# 217
05-13-2013, 11:02 AM
I want the main TNG grey uniform
Career Officer
# 218
05-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
I couldn't agree more! I hate having to save my costume every single time I make a change because I can't just UNDO like I used to.
Well the load and save feature doesn't work either so no luck there either.

I've saved uniforms for both female and male Romulans, but then I load them and check the box to only load the uniform not the entire character it loads the entire character and only parts of the uniform. YAY, NOT
Ensign
# 219
05-13-2013, 11:19 AM
I like the uniforms however, the Republic Federation lower would not work on my Reman Bridge officer.
Empire Veteran
# 220
05-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Out of curiosity, Fed aligned doesn't have access to the Tal Shiar chest gear? (The cross straps). The Klink char can wear it.
VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)