Ensign
# 221 Survivor Romulan glitch?
05-13-2013, 01:05 PM
I was wondering, I started the romulan campaign this past saturday. I selected survivor Romulan and colored it green and purple. I wanted to do some changes today, so i went to the tailor and all of a sudden, purple and all greens are misteriously absent. What gives? Bug or something? Obviously I dont care that much for appearence on Tribble, but you have to bring these back for Holodeck. It looked awesome.
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Are you in the beta and have you found a new uniform is clipping, tearing, incomplete, available on a weird species? Please leave feedback here!
I have a clipping issue using the Long Wavy hairstyle. At first I thought I was able to give my avatar platinum highlites LOL. Then I realized her ear was clipping through her hair on the left side of the head. Just a minor thing.
Ensign
# 223 Saves of character uniforms
05-13-2013, 02:12 PM
It has always been a little weird applying a uniform that you created. I found it a little hard to assign the uniform to my character and ended up with dozens of saves when I only wanted one and couldn't apply it. I never gave me a purchase option which is weird since that doesn't necessarily mean apply to character.

I liked it over all, this part wasn't smooth however.
Starfleet Veteran
# 224
05-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Palettes are still inconsistent between different costume pieces in the new LoR outfits. For example, the first bracer will display a "Romulan" limited palette, while the other will display an extended palette, making it difficult to make matching costumes.

Some costume pieces are even missing whole color selection options, such as the KDF Romulan uniform pants, which are missing at least one option so that the main color of the pants can be changed.
Rihannsu
# 225
05-13-2013, 03:17 PM
I love the Tal Shiar uniform - took a while to find the best grey since the colours from the previous uniform carried over but other than it's glorious. Will definitely be my crew uniform when I play it properly.
Ensign
# 226 General Comments
05-13-2013, 03:20 PM
I am enjoying the update to the UI and its customizations. Your attention to detail in the Romulan Flotilla & HQ are also quite nice, I really appreciate the wide open spaces that give it an appealing feel. Ship selection to start seems pretty sparce but perhaps that is just for the Beta. All in all - you've rekindled my interest in spending some time in the game again!
Career Officer
# 227
05-13-2013, 03:21 PM
I actually have to chime in here... Why are the palettes so nonuniform? It feels inconvenient and... ...weird.

Even the black is either different or non existant. It suck. Black is my colour.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Ensign
# 228 Clipping tearing.
05-13-2013, 06:06 PM
I have noticed this to be especially troublesome with the skirts for the Female romulan civilian. I'll be walking around with her and suddenly I'll be seeing leg that should be covered by the skirt.
Survivor of Romulus
# 229
05-13-2013, 06:21 PM
I understand in real life different materials will have slightly different colorations to them, but the difference between the colors are completely off balance. The colors need to be uniform throughout the entire tailor. It doesn't matter if it's a klingon shirt, romulan pants and federation boots all on the same character, brown 1 should be brown 1 for all of them.

A romulan civilian vest, and tal shiar pants for example should be able to be color matched perfectly. The problem is a tan brown for the vest can end up being a very dark brown on pants. forget real world colorization issues and just normalize the entire thing so all palettes produce the sam results no matter fabric type.
Rihannsu
# 230
05-13-2013, 07:30 PM
I noticed a little bit of clipping between my female bridge officers' arms and the pouches on the Romulan Republic belts and chest gear. It was the most noticeable with the "feminine" stance.

Also, the color palettes are inconsistent.

Other than that, the Romulan Republic uniforms look great.
---------------------------------
Formerly Christopher_Chase
I've been here since Open Beta