Starfleet Veteran
# 271
05-17-2013, 03:02 PM
where the heck is my TNG outfits, TOS outfits, Nemisis outfits, heck where the frack is my federation allied skirt ????

I know i know...the tos outfit is cstore in a few days...but you think while its all in test to go ahead and let us fool around with the stuff to make sure the fabric/colors are good and theres no clipping issues..

but once again i ask...wheres my fed skirt ...
Ensign
# 272
05-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Oh, and also when I got my Tal Shiar uniform, it didn't show up on the generic list of full uniforms to choose from, like the Romulan Republic and Romulan Federation uniforms. I had to choose Romulan Tal Shiar for individual parts, at least as much as they were available. But even the republic and Federation uniforms didn't show up right away either.
Rihannsu
# 273
05-17-2013, 03:29 PM
On the skirt matter, I agree that I too have been wondering. The "Join an Ally" screen has art of a Romulan female (assumption is she's a science officer) wearing a clearly romulan-themed skirt that goes very well with the Fed-allied uniform and probably would with the Republic Neutral one as well.

That, and the V-cut undershirt we've seem on Neutral uniform concept art was well as most prominently on the front page of the site have not shown up in the tailor. I would've thought the most visible Romulan outfit of the expansion would've been available to us... but it hasn't been so thus far.

That kind of sucks: both skirt and V-cut undershirt were tastefully stylish and it's a shame they haven't been included. I wanted to use them.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer
Captain
# 274
05-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunansa View Post
where the heck is my TNG outfits, TOS outfits, Nemisis outfits, heck where the frack is my federation allied skirt ????

I know i know...the tos outfit is cstore in a few days...but you think while its all in test to go ahead and let us fool around with the stuff to make sure the fabric/colors are good and theres no clipping issues..

but once again i ask...wheres my fed skirt ...
i'm just wondering where stippled pants are!

I know I am cynical but I really do think they want to keep some of those uniforms out of your hands to prop up their Vichy Romulans and cargo pockets and scarves. God forbid we look like real romulans.
Captain
# 275
05-17-2013, 04:34 PM
It is weird there are no stippled pants, I mean that's the most basic and generic uniform option in the game, everyone should have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
I feel very strongly and started a break thread on this issue.

Below is a screen shot of my palette choices. The top is what I start with. Below that is what my options are after alignment

http://postimg.org/image/v608quyxd/

I understand WHY Klingons have a limited palette and pretty much agree with the intent behind it.

But as a Romulan I AM NOT A KLINGON. I am only a Klingon because I was FORCED to make a choice I didnt want to make.

We have no Klingon costume options - which is good because when those were avaialble it was pissing me off - short pink alien romulans in Klingon outfits. I shutter. Since we have no Klingon options there is no reason to force a Klingon palette on us. If there are Klingon options then those can use the Klingon palette. Fine with that.

But we shouldnt have ROMULAN options changed because of alignment. I believe most of us want as little to do with our "allies" as possible. Its a choice we make and then quickly try and forget. When you are forced into a Klingon paradigm whether its missions or clothes then its just a constant reminder that we arent actually a faction.

Give feds fed stuff. Give Klingons Klingon stuff and let Romulans be Romulans.

To me this is just as bad as our forced Scowl when we aligned Klingon. Pointless, unnecessary and immersion breaking
There's no need to assert your Rihansu-ness (which is not related to Mary Sue-ness, badum bum). We know you're Romulan, extra strength. It's cool.

But as far as that color pallet goes it's atrocious. What if you're playing a Romulan that just likes blue?

It's a travesty.

But sure, Fed Stuff, Rom Stuff, Kling stuff. (Though I'm actually quite fond of the Romulan hybrid stuff that I've seen, so let's get that too). But each faction should have a solid selection of their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
On the skirt matter, I agree that I too have been wondering. The "Join an Ally" screen has art of a Romulan female (assumption is she's a science officer) wearing a clearly romulan-themed skirt that goes very well with the Fed-allied uniform and probably would with the Republic Neutral one as well.

That, and the V-cut undershirt we've seem on Neutral uniform concept art was well as most prominently on the front page of the site have not shown up in the tailor. I would've thought the most visible Romulan outfit of the expansion would've been available to us... but it hasn't been so thus far.

That kind of sucks: both skirt and V-cut undershirt were tastefully stylish and it's a shame they haven't been included. I wanted to use them.
Oooh, that sounds nice. I love a lady in a skirt too. I'm hoping the devs are going to be adding in all those wonderful outfits as soon as possible, but I imagine that everyone's plate is full.

I'm also hoping that they will add Klingon uniform options as well battle dresses (like Lursa and B'Etor) and the long coat (like countless NPCs that we should all look cooler than).

But I'm an incurable optimist and am hoping for the selection of ships and outfits for the Romulans to be only the beginning.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Starfleet Veteran
# 276
05-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Wheres my skirts??? Huh devs??? huh huh huh....(ok so stewie slipped in there)

If the only skirt is the darn civilian one and the TOS one I will be just slightly annoyed...at least let us have access to anything we already have from the allied side??

But really...the romulan refugees have skirts...the choose ally romulan fed has a skirt...wheres mine at?

also...will we be seeing the TNG, Nemisis and DS9 romulan costumes???
Captain
# 277
05-18-2013, 02:01 PM
If I buy the TOS Uniform will it be forced to use the pointless limited KDF palette?
Starfleet Veteran
# 278
05-18-2013, 04:18 PM
To all those complaining about skirts, just be grateful that Romulans get a FREE skirt from the start. That's one more free skirt than the KDF got. Currently the KDF has exactly ONE skirt available to them and they have to PAY lobi for it.

Last edited by wilv; 05-18-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 279
05-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Plus the torment us with one of the costume dolls in the starbase is wearing an actual mini skirt...
Of a uniform variant us players can get, except the skirt...

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Republic Veteran
# 280
05-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Totaly agreed on the Wheres the rom fed alligned skirt .. the choose your ally pic has the fed skirt..