Lieutenant
# 201
05-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev Blog
-I am considering changing the D'deridex Retrofit to the following:

Ensign Tac, Lt. Com Tac, Commander Eng, Lt. Com Sci, En Universal

Consoles would most likely be adjusted as well if this change was made, probably to 3-3-3 on the Retrofit and 3-4-3 (4 Eng) on the Fleet version.
This layout is ideal for the D'Deridex, absolutely perfect. How do I go about sending this man a ham, and/or gift basket.
Captain
# 202
05-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Personally I hope the fleet D'Deridex keeps it's boff layout, it was very versatile looking and would fill a large number of roles and builds with that Lt.Commander universal. If it's the same as the retrofit though I think it won't be the ship of choice for anyone but the D'Deridex fans but at least it's better than the galaxy-r.

I do think the D'Deridex retrofit suffers from being a jack of all trades master of none. While some may like that I personally would rather see a versatile ship that can go heavily into an area that you need it to go into. The console layout is a bit more balanced but then I had no problems with it before, just means I can get moar dakka out of it for less effort =D
Rihannsu
# 203
05-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Sorry I was a few hours premature and didn't notice that due to my enthusiasim, but the changes are now going foward...
Yes, I saw that this morning. Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
...And JVC already tweeted to Bran that he'd be down with a T5 Connie Three Pack just a week or so ago anyways...
Who's JVC?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 204
05-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Personally I hope the fleet D'Deridex keeps it's boff layout, it was very versatile looking and would fill a large number of roles and builds with that Lt.Commander universal. If it's the same as the retrofit though I think it won't be the ship of choice for anyone but the D'Deridex fans but at least it's better than the galaxy-r.

I do think the D'Deridex retrofit suffers from being a jack of all trades master of none. While some may like that I personally would rather see a versatile ship that can go heavily into an area that you need it to go into. The console layout is a bit more balanced but then I had no problems with it before, just means I can get moar dakka out of it for less effort =D
What are you talking about with a lt.com universal on the D'deridex? I have seen a lt. universal in the ambassador boff seating it had, and an ensign universal in the recent change, but no lt.com universal... unless I've missed another update somewhere.
Captain
# 205
05-10-2013, 01:46 AM
Quote:

I am pretty sure the previous boff layout was this below. One of the main complaints in this thread and others was lack of access to Lt Cmdr Tac.

Lt Tac
En Tac

Cmdr Eng

Lt Cmr sci

Lt uni

2 tac consoles, 3 sci, 5 eng for fleet version

Before that it was even worse, had same layout as galaxy.
Ensign
# 206
05-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Do not worry, those people who complained about lack of lt.cmd tac and tac console will soon ,aka when the expansion is launched, complain about their crappy D'Deridex that explodes too quick.
Captain
# 207
05-10-2013, 04:36 PM
lol dalnar. Must be my mistake then, thought the fleet d'deridex had a lt universal.
Captain
# 208
05-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83reborn View Post
Do not worry, those people who complained about lack of lt.cmd tac and tac console will soon ,aka when the expansion is launched, complain about their crappy D'Deridex that explodes too quick.
A little jealous that the Galaxy didn't get a makeover also?

I am not worried about it exploding to quick, Cmdr eng and lt Cmdr sci is all you need to make a tanky ship, it just won't have too much extra heals to give out. You can use doffs and keep EPTS3 up permanently and run Aux2sif3 with the heal proc doffs, and still have room for an RSP and run TSS3, and HE2, PH1, ST1 in the sci and uni slots, or move it over to tac for 2 tac teams. Lots of options to make this ship tanky, and if that fails there is always evasives/ramming speed/APO then battle cloak.
Captain
# 209
05-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
lol dalnar. Must be my mistake then, thought the fleet d'deridex had a lt universal.
You were mistaken in an earlier post where you said that it had a lt Cmdr uni in its previous layout, you are correct now, the uni was Lt.
Commander
# 210
05-10-2013, 05:18 PM
"failaxy".. oh my god, please... someone stop the internet language...

what do you expect from such a big ship?
What ? Calaway.