Career Officer
# 11
04-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
This. The Romulan story prologue is much more defined than the "you're random officer # 2275 aboard random ship #57" setup the KDF and Feds have. You need to be a Romulan/Reman for it to work.
I'd actually be interested whether players would be more interested in more factions like this or, following the lead here, something on the order of a unique mission arc and ship for each of the iconic species with a thematic BO for each or something.
Captain
# 12
04-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I'd actually be interested whether players would be more interested in more factions like this or, following the lead here, something on the order of a unique mission arc and ship for each of the iconic species with a thematic BO for each or something.
Having defined crew characters, while potentially limiting personal storytelling, opens up a whole new world for Cryptic to tell stories. As a few of the early Romulan missions showed, having a known crew member means they can add interjections, actions and cut scenes involving said character.

As someone who loves seeing that sort of thing portrayed in-game (as opposed to just in my skull), I'd welcome expanding on that concept.

It must be noted however that players can still acquire their own "blank slate" BOFFs and shape them into whatever they want them to be. That level of freedom isn't being diminished.

As for Captain races yielding specific plot differences...I'm torn. On the one hand, being able to have a story more readily react to who and what my Captain is would be great. But having every nuance of that backstory pre-defined wouldn't.