Lieutenant
# 1 Closed Beta Testing
04-18-2013, 08:24 PM
As a first time Beta tester of anything, what is it I should be doing? also, am i allowed to talk about it?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-18-2013, 08:25 PM
According to the email we got, there is no NDA (non-disclosure agreement), so we are indeed allowed to talk about it. From what I understand from that email, we are encouraged to play the Romulan storyline and provide any opinions about it we might develop.
Lieutenant
# 3
04-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Ah, thanks for the non disclosure thing, I saw NDA in the email but I didn't know what it meant. Im excited to play, just gotta wait for ye olde computer to finish formatting
Career Officer
# 4 Wtf
04-18-2013, 08:40 PM
I got the email saying I am in the beta but I can't create a romie.
Career Officer
# 5 Wtf
04-18-2013, 08:41 PM
I got the email saying I am in the closed beta, but it won't let me create a rommie.
Ensign
# 6 Re: Can't create rommie
04-18-2013, 08:56 PM
I also received the email to closed beta. But i do not have the ability to create a Romulun character, Only fed or Klink.
Republic Veteran
# 7
04-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigbus View Post
I also received the email to closed beta. But i do not have the ability to create a Romulun character, Only fed or Klink.
On -Tribble-? You shouldn't be able to create a Klingon at all right now. Please double check your server just to be sure.
Career Officer
# 8
04-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor0889 View Post
As a first time Beta tester of anything, what is it I should be doing? also, am i allowed to talk about it?
I am in the beta as well, how I approach things, i try to "break the game"... well, not to much in a malicious way than using the functions, keys, options and items presented to me and see what may be wrong with them (graphics, use, interaction....) and hand feedbacks in the appropriate thread.

Say, you create your character and you see a 'clipping' in an uniform (skin or other piece of garment showing thru like there is a hole) or tearing, which seems like the fabric is ripping... then try to note which uniform, gender and so on and report that to the uniform thread...

So, for me, beta is not so much "playing" the game as you would a finished product but looking for these little (or big) details that's preventing what you have in front of you being a final product ready for launch.

Good luck, and, above, still have fun with the romulan stuff... even if it's testing, it's still a fun game :-)

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Career Officer
# 9
04-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigbus View Post
If you have 3 or more characters created/ported on Tribble, you need to bring that number down to 2 or less by deletion... Tribble is hard limited to 3 slots. Character creation will be locked until you have that 3rd slot freed.

Enjoy!

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Lieutenant
# 10
04-18-2013, 10:35 PM
So far, I love the romulans missions... finally I reached lvl. 12 and I saw a comm screen with lt. Ferra and only option: Exit. Quite wired, because I choosed klingons as my ally