Empire Veteran
# 21
04-19-2013, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The Legacy of Romulus expansion is a FREE download and update to STO and anyone will be able to create a Romulan on May 21.

You will be able to level a Romulan up to max level for free just like you can with the other factions.

The Legacy Pack is a pre-order bundle of C-Store items that is being offered at a big discount prior to the launch. ALl the items (except for the titles and reman doffs) will be available individually as c-store purchases after the expansion launches, but they are not required to play the game. They are premium enhancements to the game that are there if you'd like them.

We want everyone to enjoy the new Romulan faction. If you love what you see, then you can support the game by purchasing items that you are interested in, but it is not required.

Cheers!
how about the cloak bugg will you still be decloaked when you get missions prompts ?
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Captain
# 22
04-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
Why would anyone do this? Why grind away all that time and resources to only delete the character you did it on?
I wanted to make room for a new Tac character.

Fortunately, I didn't go for any of the Romulan gear. Just grinded each tier to access the cutscene missions. So I can do it again without too much inconvenience.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Career Officer
# 23
04-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalefactor View Post
Anyone else burned out by betas, simply waiting for the launch because they want the experience to be a fresh surprise?

I know we need beta testers, but dang it, I want my progress to be for keeps!
You know I got an LoR beta invite and was thinking the same thing; as I was also one of the 2009 beta testers for STO starting back in October 2009 - and I said to myself "I think I'll wait..."

That said, based on some of the comments of my Fleetmates who also got in last night and were talking on Mumble - I caved - logged in and started a Romulan. So far, I have to say, they've done REALLY good so far with this. You really feel immersed into a story from the start - the new Romulan colony zone is one of the nicest environments they've done - and the tweaks to the UI (minus the new NPC dialog window which I feel is too large - and always pops up right in the center of your screen and doesn't remember its position if you move and close it) really do a lot to enhance gameplay (The new context help screens actually look useful and directly point out and point to things, so new players have a better chance to grasp game elements IF they bother to pay a little attention.)

But, my point? So far it's been worth it, and as none of it has voice over hooked in yet; they'll still be something 'new' when I start a character on Holodeck. I'll also have a better grasp on some of the unique Romulan gameplay mechanics; and I can try out the different Warbirds as well.

But then, maybe deep down, I'm just a beta ***** (and I've already done 3 bug reports in about 1 hour of play).
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."