Captain
instead of the gold shimmer effect that is currently used, what about a holographic highlight effect similar to that used in deus ex:hr.
maybe with race relevant theme?

the other idea, for "loot critters" being

space: the hulk s left behind a sensor ping(maybe coloured) to indicate the quality of the salvage.

ground: similar augmented reality inspired outline as used for the consoles over the body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Captain
# 2
03-13-2014, 04:10 AM
I'd like the loot critter in general look like something that would make sense. A ship wreck for space (generic rubble, really) with a certain glow to indicate rarity and maybe some kind of "bag" for ground loot.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Captain
# 3
03-13-2014, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
instead of the gold shimmer effect that is currently used, what about a holographic highlight effect similar to that used in deus ex:hr.
maybe with race relevant theme?

the other idea, for "loot critters" being

space: the hulk s left behind a sensor ping(maybe coloured) to indicate the quality of the salvage.

ground: similar augmented reality inspired outline as used for the consoles over the body.
I think they have that color effect already; the color is the highlight texture overtop of the base loot graphic. I have seen a number of green, blue, white, and purple "canisters".
Captain
# 4
03-13-2014, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I think they have that color effect already; the color is the highlight texture overtop of the base loot graphic. I have seen a number of green, blue, white, and purple "canisters".
Sadly you rarely see anything other than Yellow/White, and Purple. Except on ground though.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.