Lt. Commander
# 21
01-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Eurogamer are offering the keys free, yes you need to create an account. Fileplanet offered the keys after a few days to non-subscribing members.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Videogamer.com has some.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFett View Post
I'm still quite appaled at this process of the "Open Beta" where you have to run arround sites on the internet trying to grab a key.
What is even more appaling is that most of these sites only give access to these keys if you are a premium member of this site. So for people who are unlucky are left with only 2 options : Not participate or pay to somebody unrelated to be able to test the game for the people who make it and want to make money of it.
While i dont think Cryptic is gaining any monetary value from these sites, it casts a very bad light on Cryphic, even before their newest mmo has been officialy released.

In what perhaps is just as bad you are sent into the wilds of the internet AGAIN to download the Beta from some site you probably have never seen. Half of wich again want to to sign up to download with any meaningfull speed... unless you opt for the download "wich is probably not fast because we are offering it ourselves".
Paints Cryphic in a very good light again.
Want some cheeze with your wine?

1. There are partner sites giving keys for free and having to interact with a 3rd party to get something for free isn't that big a deal
2. If you don't want to download from a 3rd party site, use the torrent download. It was quite fast for me, and it's on Cryptic's own tracker.

If either of those 2 options are too scary for you, i suggest you unplug your computer and hide in the closet from the internet and the rest of the world.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-15-2010, 02:25 PM
FYI 2126 free keys remaining at http://gamers.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=86998
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGNUSMC View Post
Just ordered from Gamestop and nothing yet....curse the Beta Key Gods
Someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't you have to Pre-Order by the start of open beta in order to be able to get a key through one of the preorder sites?
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-15-2010, 05:45 PM
I happen to have a beta key spare, if anyone wants it. Looked all day and couldn't find one, then 2 came at once

its gone now...
Lt. Commander
# 28 Cryptic in CA?
01-15-2010, 05:54 PM
If Cryptic is headquartered in California, here is a suggestion to them...Its time to talk to your lawyers.

The failure to provide the beta keys and head-start keys as advertised when one pre-orders smacks very loudly of false advertising...a violation of California's Business and Professions Code section 17200 and 17500..a whole lot of us wouldn't have pre-ordered save for the "guaranteed" open beta access and/or head start.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth.kSheyna View Post
If Cryptic is headquartered in California, here is a suggestion to them...Its time to talk to your lawyers.

The failure to provide the beta keys and head-start keys as advertised when one pre-orders smacks very loudly of false advertising...a violation of California's Business and Professions Code section 17200 and 17500..a whole lot of us wouldn't have pre-ordered save for the "guaranteed" open beta access and/or head start.
Cryptic "has nothing" to do with these issues. It is the distributor that is liable for failure to provide beta keys. Cryptic is ONLY liable if it can be SHOWN that they did not follow Due Diligence when negotiating the terms of pre-order provisioning by these THIRD PARTY distributors! Cryptic is not even liable for pre-order keys distributed by Atari.com! (They are separate corporate entities.)
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Just curious, how long dod it take to get your key once you pre-ordered? I ordered from gamestop around two hours ago and still no key.

[EDIT]
Never mind. Found it on thier web site where it can take up to "One (1) business day" to send the code.
[/EDIT]