Empire Veteran
will the cloak bugg be fixed for romulus legacy expansion or not ?

this issue has been here for 3 years will it be fixed ?

i got no answer what so ever from any developer if this will be fixed.

everytime you get a message you decloak it ruins the entire game.
and for romulans i can imagine the horror since they are CLOAK people.

trying to decide to buy or not. 130 euros is kinda big sum and the cloak question is kinda vital to the decision.
cloak bugg ruined klingon play long enough will it ruin romulans as well ?

( dreadnaught locked hangarbays still locked as well....)

side question

the nemesis cosmetic outfit you get in legacy pack can kdf and federation use that on the reman bridge officer from the featured episodes ?
since its a reman after all.
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.

Last edited by gespensterjaeger; 04-19-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
04-19-2013, 02:48 AM
you know how the bug works right?i dont expect them to ever fix it.i hate it too.but i dont see it happening as i dont see and carriers with cloaks.
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-19-2013, 02:50 AM
thats why im asking.

anyone who played the beta or developers that knows if it will be fixed or if its still buggy and decloaks you every single damn time
If only they fix Cloaking bugg *new message BOOM decloacked.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-19-2013, 02:58 AM
Based on what I have been able to gleen from multiple threads on this issue, and every post from devs in response, where possible they have already sorted the de-cloaking issue by taking out dialogue boxes which could instead be just a fly-by type of message. In some cases, on the KDF side, this was not possible without a massive rewrite of the episodes/missions in question.

Now, with new content being written from scratch for KDF from lvls 1-21 and for the Romulans from lvls 1-40, we should see almost no NEW instances of the de-cloak bug, but it will probably still exist in missions it already is known to exist in with those exceptions above.

I'd quote the threads I've read this in but it is seriously buried in so many threads that digging out each one would be a task worthy of Hercules himself.

To sum up, the Romulans should have NO cloaking issues (in theory, the unexpected can happen after all) but the Klingons might see a reduction in known instances but no NEW cloaking issues in new content.

I'm thinking of adding a signature after LoR launches....

"Join the KDF, now with 20% fewer bugs!"
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2013, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowrulesupreme View Post
Based on what I have been able to gleen from multiple threads on this issue, and every post from devs in response, where possible they have already sorted the de-cloaking issue by taking out dialogue boxes which could instead be just a fly-by type of message. In some cases, on the KDF side, this was not possible without a massive rewrite of the episodes/missions in question.
True. I just tried an old-fashioned exploration mission on Tribble and the pop-up window de-cloaked me.
Captain
# 6
04-19-2013, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gespensterjaeger View Post
will the cloak bugg be fixed for romulus legacy expansion or not ?

this issue has been here for 3 years will it be fixed ?

i got no answer what so ever from any developer if this will be fixed.

everytime you get a message you decloak it ruins the entire game.
and for romulans i can imagine the horror since they are CLOAK people.

trying to decide to buy or not. 130 euros is kinda big sum and the cloak question is kinda vital to the decision.
cloak bugg ruined klingon play long enough will it ruin romulans as well ?

( dreadnaught locked hangarbays still locked as well....)

side question

the nemesis cosmetic outfit you get in legacy pack can kdf and federation use that on the reman bridge officer from the featured episodes ?
since its a reman after all.

Since it's no longer primarily a Klingon problem, it'll probably be fixed within a week after launch if not sooner.
Captain
# 7
04-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Be careful what you wish for, as it is possible they will treat the three year old cloak bug the same way they are treating the three year old Human Leadership trait bug: fix it so it works as advertised and then nerf it entirely so that it is worthless.
Captain
# 8
04-19-2013, 07:43 AM
I was under the understanding that they're aware of it and decided they like it that way.

Also it's not going to be anything more than a minor inconvenience to Warbird users as they all appear to have Battlecloak..
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
I was under the understanding that they're aware of it and decided they like it that way.

Also it's not going to be anything more than a minor inconvenience to Warbird users as they all appear to have Battlecloak..
It doesn't just make you visible for few seconds. It disables cloaking and you have to wait the whole cooldown (16.7 seconds for Romulan T'liss Warbirds) before you can cloak again. That's not just a minor inconvenience when often the pop up simply tells you that more enemies warped right next to you.
Empire Veteran
# 10
04-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by techstepman1 View Post
you know how the bug works right?i dont expect them to ever fix it.i hate it too.but i dont see it happening as i dont see and carriers with cloaks.
That's the point of Cloaking Carriers..... You don't see them Coming