Empire Veteran
# 1 LoR Bugs
04-19-2013, 03:54 AM
I have spent quite a few hours playing this new Romulan content so far I am been impressed.

However there are a few bugs that need ironing out.

Lag and elastic banding, pretty bad at times, especially when I started playing. This is an issue with holodeck at times and when the expansion comes out it will be even worse. This is something that really effects gameplay and makes the game less fun.

My son went KDF with his Romulan and when he got to level 11, the Caitian officer that deals with duty officers hailed him and asked what he wanted. Obviously a bug.

Mission "Tradecraft" offers up Mark II rewards when accepting the mission. I haven't done the mission yet so can't claim if they reward mark II or mark IV rewards. After the weekend I'll know for sure.

A good spell checker needs to go through all the dialogue, some mistakes there.

Some uniform issues, but the KDF and FED are full with these on holodeck already.

That's all I have for now, I'll update this thread when I have some new ones.

Great work so far, looking forward to when all this new content hits holodeck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"

Last edited by majesticmsfc; 04-19-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
04-19-2013, 04:00 AM
Add to this the new KDF tutorial, capturing the prisoner, when you enter the apartment half the enemy are inside the walls...

Promotion to SubCommander (Level 20) The promotion mission won't complete and drop despite all tasks completed...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Ensign
# 3 LoR Bugs
04-19-2013, 04:13 AM
Quote:
"Lag and elastic banding, pretty bad at times, especially when I started playing. This is an issue with holodeck at times and when the expansion comes out it will be even worse. This is something that really effects gameplay and makes the game less fun".
I have spent a few hours on LoR this morning playing as a romulan. I have to agree with the above statement. I also had a lot of lag issues and elastic banding.
Also during the induction while watching the video parts most of the NPC's were "in" the floor and only their heads were visible.

I must admit I was teamed with another player and am not sure if this contributed to the problems.

Other than that I found the character creator ok and have found no other problems yet.

Looking good so far
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-19-2013, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus78 View Post
I have spent a few hours on LoR this morning playing as a romulan. I have to agree with the above statement. I also had a lot of lag issues and elastic banding.
Also during the induction while watching the video parts most of the NPC's were "in" the floor and only their heads were visible.

I must admit I was teamed with another player and am not sure if this contributed to the problems.
I played solo and also had this problem, plus the person at the podium was invisible for me, but that happens on Holodeck for some missions as well. The Dominion FE series is renown for it along my friends.
Quote:
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-21-2013, 03:06 AM
After some more playing I have discovered some more bugs:
  • The map doesn't zoom out all the way in some instances like in Regulus.
  • There are times when the ship and character physically can't move, this happens on holodeck currently as well.
  • The ship tailor in the shipyard is standing on a console.
  • Mission "Tradecraft" does give a mark II shield to the player when they should be receiving a mark IV.
  • I can't use one of my science officers powers on the ship as a Centaurion. It's the officer I gain from the Helix and it's the hazard emitters power.
Quote:
Quote:
Career Officer
# 6
04-21-2013, 03:59 AM
In "The Price of Neutrality" I was unable to shoot the magnetic consoles with a pulsewave rifle.
Other weapons worked just fine, but a PW did no damage to them.

I also just did the tutorial as an ally to the Klingons and tracked down the enemy spy to Boreth.
The dialogue does not match the setting as a Romulan.
My officers use the Klingon measurement Kellicam and my character responds with Quapla.
This reaches its zenith when confronted by the Federation ships that enter the system.
My Romulan captain responds to them with the words "I am no Romulan".
I don't think I need to tell anyone what's wrong with that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Text bug (Mission: Tradecraft)

http://i37.tinypic.com/kegd1w.jpg

Last edited by mn03; 04-21-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
04-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
Add to this the new KDF tutorial, capturing the prisoner, when you enter the apartment half the enemy are inside the walls...

Promotion to SubCommander (Level 20) The promotion mission won't complete and drop despite all tasks completed...
That's not a BUG.. They have it turned of on purpose at this time.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Lieutenant
# 9
04-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Also at the end of "Tradecraft" when transporting Chavra to RI the graphics are extremely dark and my toon is almost completely in shadow. After speaking with her in the cell then Tovan is in complete shadow.
I also had to complete the mission twice to be able to get above lvl 15. It took me a good 1/2 hour to find an exploratory mission that got me enough skill points to advance to the next missions.
Vice Admiral Ky'Lian Berat - U.S.S. AVALON
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
I also had to complete the mission twice to be able to get above lvl 15. It took me a good 1/2 hour to find an exploratory mission that got me enough skill points to advance to the next missions.
I now got the same problem, I'm 1.5 bars short of level 16. I can't start the next mission.