Commander
So, I took my Aquarius into Ker'rat, with the attitude of "I'm just gonna tool around for a while". So I worked my way around to the KDF spawn zone, parked behind a Raptor, and Use Omega, Alpha, and Rapid Fire 3. I blew it to hell in less than four seconds. Then three Klinks decloaked and gang vaped me...

But. Is the Aquarius viable for PvP?
I think it is, with a competent team and build.
Commander
# 2
05-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Thoughts anyone?
Ensign
# 3
05-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Wow. I die anytime I enter it. I use Scatter Volley and the exact same buffs. I can't even harm there shields. So what is your build? Oh and I am in a Tier 5 Defiant.
Captain
# 4
05-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately, the Aquarius as it is in the game is almost point-for-point worse than the Defiant in every way. The only thing the Aquarius really has going for it is its Universal Boff seats.

It's still capable of delivering a powerful punch, but it's also basically treated like a Bird-of-Prey stats-wise without any of the BoP's strengths (battle cloaking, all-universal Boff seats, high turn rate). The turn rate on the Aquarius is exactly the same as the Defiant.

However, if you really want to play the Aquarius in PVP, I highly recommend building for hit-and-run attacks. Keep Engine power high, slot Doffs that reduce the cooldown of Evasive Maneuvers, and put a Science officer in the Universal Ensign slot with Mask Energy Signature in there. It's not quite as good as a cloaking device, but if you're able to attack a target and zip away to stealth, you at least might not be blown up once your alpha strike is over.

And also, be sure to slot two Attack Pattern Omegas. I keep APO I & III on my Fleet Defiant, since it gives you a damage boost, will break tractor beams, has a defense boost, and has a brief speed boost.
Commander
# 5
05-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehmanpa View Post
Wow. I die anytime I enter it. I use Scatter Volley and the exact same buffs. I can't even harm there shields. So what is your build? Oh and I am in a Tier 5 Defiant.
Fore:
Fleet Antiproton DHC Mk XII[DMG]x3 [Acc]

Aft:
Fleet Antiproton Turret Mk XII [DMG]x3 [Acc]
Kinetic Cutting Beam Mk XII

MACO XII set

Tac Consoles: Antiproton damage buff MK XI Rare x4 (Forget the name)
Sci: Shield regen consoles Mk XII Rare (Forget name)
Eng: Depends on who Im fighting

Last edited by poopbang; 05-26-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Commander
# 6
05-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
Unfortunately, the Aquarius as it is in the game is almost point-for-point worse than the Defiant in every way. The only thing the Aquarius really has going for it is its Universal Boff seats.

It's still capable of delivering a powerful punch, but it's also basically treated like a Bird-of-Prey stats-wise without any of the BoP's strengths (battle cloaking, all-universal Boff seats, high turn rate). The turn rate on the Aquarius is exactly the same as the Defiant.

However, if you really want to play the Aquarius in PVP, I highly recommend building for hit-and-run attacks. Keep Engine power high, slot Doffs that reduce the cooldown of Evasive Maneuvers, and put a Science officer in the Universal Ensign slot with Mask Energy Signature in there. It's not quite as good as a cloaking device, but if you're able to attack a target and zip away to stealth, you at least might not be blown up once your alpha strike is over.

And also, be sure to slot two Attack Pattern Omegas. I keep APO I & III on my Fleet Defiant, since it gives you a damage boost, will break tractor beams, has a defense boost, and has a brief speed boost.
Haha, thats exactly how I play it!