Lieutenant
I'm an engineer captain with a fleet advanced heavy cruiser retrofit/excelsior. My fleet will be unlocking elite weapons shortly. I have all of the weapon accolades, so that will play no part in my weapons choice. I am currently running fleet advanced antiproton energy weapons along with the assimilated borg console and the romulan zero-point console and two 26.2% mag regulators. Also have the adapted maco space set, and will be switching my deflector dish to the maco xii for the added defenses.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to change from antiproton to another type, like phaser, disruptor or polaron? I don't pvp, primarily pve and mission replays etc. Would the three mentioned energy types give me any advantage over antiproton in pve?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
05-26-2013, 08:45 AM
You should be using 4 mag regulators in your tac slots.

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Commander
# 3
05-26-2013, 08:48 AM
If you primarily do group gameplay, everybody will thank you if you use Disruptors, since the proc will benefit everyone's damage output.

If you're doing primarily solo and use torps, then I would advize Tetryon.

Antiproton is simply raw damage, so is pretty good all around.

Phasers are a dice-roll, IMO. I stay away from them.

Polarons for energy drain builds.

Plasma is fine for PvE, but definately not for PvP.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.
Lieutenant
# 4
05-26-2013, 09:07 AM
I forgot to add that I have fleet quantum up front and the wide angle quantum torp out back from the assault cruiser refit. Also running the +30 quantum zero chamber.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-26-2013, 11:18 AM
If your going to run Adv Fleet weapons pick the colour you like the most. I run Tetryons because I wanted Blue Beams to go with my Quantum Torpedoes. It's as viable as the next energy type.

But if Anti-Proton do the most damage. And Plasma are generally bad for PVP due to the large amounts of Plasma resist shields everyone has.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 6
05-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Just a note, Elite Fleet weapons are Phaser only and have a shield heal proc. If you're wondering what type of Elite weapons to get, well, there you go.