Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
04-23-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm imagining swarms of unmanned worker bees coming out of this ship, disassembling enemy ships, while 3 destroyers kill their shields
I like the design and the idea but the turn rate would be like 1 deg/sec...

Watch out for my Starship Comparator app at
http://ssc.levega.de or http://www.stoshipcompare.tk
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-23-2013, 05:39 AM
bluegeek, are you saying I need to do this using that link?
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-23-2013, 05:45 AM
I am currently working on a redesign of the Sojourn using a single stardrive hull. I do like the carrier/space control ship hull that Taldron used in their Star Trek: Star Fleet Command computer game. It being an approved Federation design, Cryptic could put it in to this game with no problems. Well probably mirror arguments will Amarillo Design Bureau with copy right laws. But I think Cryptic's clause of any CBS approved starships will beat that. As for my design, I didn't want to be anything like Taldron's Federation Heavy Carrier/Space Control Ship. If you look at the CVA/SCS design it is a ST:TMP era starship and not a 25th century design.
Ensign
# 24
04-23-2013, 09:46 PM
From the front, the twin hulls kind of look like boobs. Just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Single Hull version
04-25-2013, 05:24 AM
Okay the single hull version of the Sojourn is available for viewing. Like I stated in the OP information of the ship, it is the Quantum Warp Core that gives the Sojourn its prolonged Quantum Slipstream capabilities and not the ship's hull design.
Here is the link once again with the new look. Although, personally I like the look of the split stardrive hull.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trwarbuck6966/
Commander
# 26
04-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
We already have a Typhoon-class in STO. That could get confusing.
That carrier is the Typhon class. Not Typhoon, I think the previous poster typo'd? Also, the current STO Typhoon class is the worst! It's a terrible kitbash of obvious pieces available on other ships! Why do people like it so much!
__________________________________________________ __
Pay no attention to the dates and titles under my name at the left! I am a Career Officer, Lifetime Sub since launch, was in the Beta. Having problems with my forum account.
Commander
# 27
04-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...er%20Stats.txt

That link is to a text file with the stars for the standard typhon, a fleet version, the special console, its default fighters (the valkyrie), and two other fighter types along with advanced and elite versions of all of them. Images are included for the Typhon herself, what the Typhon looks like in fortress mode (as well as a size comparison to a Sovereign-class cruiser), and pictures of all the fighters.

Notes: Yes, I am aware of the fact the the image for the gryphon says its a scarab and vise versa... the descriptions of the fighters from Memory Beta match the images and Ive matched them to the name of the fighter.

Gryphon looks like a Sabre. Scarab looks like a Defiant. No... they are not as large as those starships. They are fighter sized.

I played around with limiting the Typhon to only be allowed to mount turrets, as it only mounted Pulse phaser turrets in Invasion, but didnt go with that idea.

The carriers otherwise subpar (when compared to other larger 2 hangar bay carriers) stats (crew, hull, shielding, etc.) are balanced with its very large selection of fighters, 4 of which can only be mounted by the Typhon herself. This large selection of fighters allows the Typhon to fulfill a large variety of roles on the battlefield. The carriers comes with the Mk 1 Valkyrie fighters, and the Mk 2, Mk 3, Orca, Gryphon, and Scarab fighters may be purchased from the applicable store.
I would fly that in literally one second. I keep throwing money at my screen, but nothing is happening. My desire for a FEDERATION dedicated TACTICAL based carrier is.....high! I don't understand why we have to live with the ugly as hell Catrox? Me wants federation designs.
__________________________________________________ __
Pay no attention to the dates and titles under my name at the left! I am a Career Officer, Lifetime Sub since launch, was in the Beta. Having problems with my forum account.
Lt. Commander
# 28 Sojourn vs Typhoon
04-25-2013, 08:13 AM
My design owes its linage to the Odyssey-class. I went with that design because of one reason, size. I felt that to be on the same level as the Vo'quv and the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier the Sojourn needed to be big and be able to launch the Aquarius if players wanted to put the Dilithium towards buying the Aquarius Hanger Bay Pet. I also went with the standard console and 6 weapons (3 forward/3 rear) for a Science vessel. The Sojourn needed to be big and impressive. I also felt that the ship had to have a console that would kick Season 8 off with a BANG! I didn't want to get rid of the increased slipstream capabilities of the Odyssey, but the deletion of the divided dorsal kind of did that. So the Powerful Quantum Warp Core and its shear power provides the additional power for the lengthened Slipstream abilities of the Sojourn. The ability for the Quantum Warp Core to enhance in system abilities also provides the Sojourn with a unique feature. I fell that I have achieved this requirement.
I understand that some say that the ability to use Aquarius destroyers as hanger pets is an over kill, but look at the Vo'quv (has the ability to carry and operate BoPs), and the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier (has the ability to launch Attack Ships). So the Aquarius capabilities is just as powerful as those two ship's capability.
I'm busy creating different appearances for the Sojourn.
Ensign
# 29
04-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Looks wise, I'd kill for the Typhon class. But thanks to my Armitage, I'd probably never fly her. I like the turn rate too much. Still, both ships look pretty nice. As do the fighters for the Typhon. Though for me personally, I'll never fly any ship that doesn't have 4 fore and 3 aft weapons or better. 3 and 3 just doesn't work.
Republic Veteran
# 30
04-26-2013, 03:49 AM
Invasion has some amazing ship designs. Type 3 Valkyrie and the Typhon itself of course. Romulan fighters, Hur'q Colossal, Kam'Jahtae Vanguard Ship... great memories.

I also love the U.S.S. Sentinel, it should be available as a Sovereign skin.