Career Officer
# 131
04-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
In particular, I can see the Cardassians as a more micro micro faction. Say, 3-5 ships. 10 levels of content building up to joining the KDF or Starfleet and some standalone alternate missions scattered in.
same build story ??? meaning they would have to choose between the feds and the klinks for help?? hmm and they do need help so I can see how that would work
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Captain
# 132
04-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildweasal View Post
I swear I knew you were gonna go there
You all really shouldn't be surprised by this anymore.

Quote:
same build story ??? meaning they would have to choose between the feds and the klinks for help?? hmm and they do need help so I can see how that would work
I could see it working for Cardassians better than Romulans that's for sure.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 133
04-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
You all really shouldn't be surprised by this anymore.

I could see it working for Cardassians better than Romulans that's for sure.
right and I guess not to much of a rewrite for them to get this working by the way folks they said in a podcast with gecko if their romulan pack is a success they WILL do another so say your peace now or be pissed off when they choose hello kitty
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Career Officer
# 134
04-25-2013, 10:44 AM
has any one even considered the 'first federation' from TOS, i would think it would be interesting to see a fersarius come out of nowhere and grab at you with a waaaaaay overpowered tractor beam or something along those lines......comments on this please ............

*peace*
Career Officer
# 135
04-25-2013, 01:21 PM
The Borg, as a playable species, is a ******n stupid idea. Possibly the worst i've ever heard in terms of fan proposals for additional content. Try to remember that the Borg have no individuality and their ships are either probes, cubes, spheres or octahederons. They are uniform - so no breaking from the mould and having a ship with purple hull paint or crap like that.

At least the Federation, Klingons and Romulans have some variety. No, leave the Borg as one of the bad guys for now. They're meant to be nightmare fuel anyway, and it tends to lose it's nightmare fuel-appeal when you start seeing Borg ships with stupid names flying around.

My money, were I a betting man, as well as my hopes, are for a Cardassian faction. It could work similar to the Romulan faction in that to begin with you only have playable Cardassians and - perhaps - playable Jem'Hadar and Vorta. Hideki, Galor and Keldon class ships as standard, with Jem'Hadar ships either remaining lockbox, moving to free-for-Cardassian/Dominion players, or a mix of both with C-Store refits and retrofits. Perhaps include the Breen and follow the idea of a "new Dominion" that was toted during some of the Cardassian story missions, or be part of the New Cardassia.

I'm not sure. But I think it has much more promise than a Borg faction.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Survivor of Romulus
# 136
04-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
The Borg, as a playable species, is a ******n stupid idea. Possibly the worst i've ever heard in terms of fan proposals for additional content. Try to remember that the Borg have no individuality and their ships are either probes, cubes, spheres or octahederons. They are uniform - so no breaking from the mould and having a ship with purple hull paint or crap like that.

At least the Federation, Klingons and Romulans have some variety. No, leave the Borg as one of the bad guys for now. They're meant to be nightmare fuel anyway, and it tends to lose it's nightmare fuel-appeal when you start seeing Borg ships with stupid names flying around.

My money, were I a betting man, as well as my hopes, are for a Cardassian faction. It could work similar to the Romulan faction in that to begin with you only have playable Cardassians and - perhaps - playable Jem'Hadar and Vorta. Hideki, Galor and Keldon class ships as standard, with Jem'Hadar ships either remaining lockbox, moving to free-for-Cardassian/Dominion players, or a mix of both with C-Store refits and retrofits. Perhaps include the Breen and follow the idea of a "new Dominion" that was toted during some of the Cardassian story missions, or be part of the New Cardassia.

I'm not sure. But I think it has much more promise than a Borg faction.
I completely agree with everything stated in this post. The Borg shouldn't in any way, any form, any how become a playable faction. If there is a fourth one, Cardassians are the obvious choice, possibly with some added Jem'Hadar or Dominion setting if the story allows it.

But for now we need to relax a bit and see how the game will work with 3 factions, let Cryptic develop it further for those 3 factions, the Romulans will at least need more ships down the road and when the whole setting in the game is well rounded up for any player of any faction - then we should discuss the possibilty of another faction, which shouldn't be Borg.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Career Officer
# 137
04-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I completely agree with everything stated in this post. The Borg shouldn't in any way, any form, any how become a playable faction. If there is a fourth one, Cardassians are the obvious choice, possibly with some added Jem'Hadar or Dominion setting if the story allows it.

But for now we need to relax a bit and see how the game will work with 3 factions, let Cryptic develop it further for those 3 factions, the Romulans will at least need more ships down the road and when the whole setting in the game is well rounded up for any player of any faction - then we should discuss the possibilty of another faction, which shouldn't be Borg.
but again do you give the cadasians alone or add them with the dominion or just offer the dominion alone
Captain
# 138
04-25-2013, 05:50 PM
If the Roms don't pay off it will be none of the above.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 139
04-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
ST-TNG Descent Part 1 and 2...you might be surprised at what you see...

If they did it at all, it would have to be the Hugh splinter faction.
Survivor of Romulus
# 140
04-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
but again do you give the cadasians alone or add them with the dominion or just offer the dominion alone
Personally, I would have Cardassians as stand alone rather than the Dominion.
Also as far as the story in STO is concerned, I believe that they should be separate. That doesn't mean that Cryptic wouldn't be able to somehow join them with the races of the Dominion if they feel they need to add more species to the faction. But, as the story stands for now, that's not plausible.
Also, I'd rather have the Cardassians as stand alone than mess with the Dominion again, I think they've learned their lesson. And now, Garak is in a position of influence on Cardassia Prime and he knows best what the Dominion means, as he was explicitly told by one of the Founders in DS9 that because of the Tal'Shiar/Obsidian Order attempt to destroy the Great Link they wont rest untill Cardassia is destroyed and every Cardassian dead.

However, taking into consideration that Cryptic mentioned the possibility of adding further factions to STO if the Romulans are a sucess, using the same recepie to introduce any other factions, Cardassians also make a lot of sense. They are trying to rebuild, don't have a military atm and they have a group of old-school Cardassians trying to take over. It makes much more sense to have them forging alliances with Fed./KDF, rather than the Dominion which is in the Gamma Quadrant and regardless losing the war for the Alpha Quadrant remains the superior power in their region of space.

I'd also go with a Cardassian mini-faction allied to the Fed., smaller than the Romulan, but with one social zone on Cardassia Prime, taking orders from their superiors (Lang/Garak) and having a small line of 5 leveling ships and their T5 retrofits. They'd be allied with Feds. because it makes sense storywise - they have friendly relations with the Federation now, Starfleet protects their space, but it's torn apart by the many conflicts and allows them to start rebuilding their fleet so they can protect themselves and even possibly help Starfleet. This scenario however, leaves the KDF with nothing, so I don't know how that would work.

Anyway, this is all wishfull dreaming atm, we have to see how the Romulans will work out for STO and if it will be possible to add something new. For now, I think that STO is ok and content with 3 factions and even if I want to see the Cardassians make enterance pretty bad, I think the game should stabilize and develop for the 3 existing factions before any new additions are made.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!