Career Officer
# 21
04-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
And now imagine you are new to STO, just got your first ground kit, don't have any shield batteries, no one told you how to rez your BOs and the only Tholians you know are the mooks you killed right before him.^^
The game tells you how to rez your BOs before that encounter.

As others said though, the problem is more the BOFF AI suiciding against their powers. I would suggest that perhaps this commander should lay off some of their powers/abilities that are more adverse to BOFFs for this mission.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 22
04-19-2013, 10:33 PM
This encounter is not tuned very well for the level you are at. It is getting updated and balanced a bit. We agree that while probably not a challenge for most experienced players, it will destroy new players who are new to this type of gameplay.
Empire Veteran
# 23
04-19-2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
This encounter is not tuned very well for the level you are at. It is getting updated and balanced a bit. We agree that while probably not a challenge for most experienced players, it will destroy new players who are new to this type of gameplay.
im a very experienced space vet, less so for ground, but i still had to respawn at least 10 times, and draw the LTs away so i could fight the COM alone. with next to no boff abilities or kit abilities, you dont have much to work with in this fight
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 24
04-19-2013, 10:57 PM
I am decent at ground combat, so I was able to kill him without too much difficulty (only one respawn, lol). But it's a very difficult encounter generally. It's like throwing a new Fed player now at a Swordmaster on the very first mission.
Rihannsu
# 25
04-20-2013, 03:46 AM
Only one repawn needed, but they are a bit tricky. new players would get crushed.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Republic Veteran
# 26
04-20-2013, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Excellent news.

I had some very choice words for that Tholian Commander last night..

@Captain_Shephard - Join Date Status: Assimilated - Twitter: @RogueJawa

Set your course and come chart a new adventure in Star Trek Online with Priority One.
Email us here to join the official fleet of STO's premier podcast.
Survivor of Remus
# 27
04-20-2013, 06:27 AM
I did not find it that difficult, to be honest, and I'm pretty mediocre at STO. I did not die nor did I have to respawn.

All I did was concentrate on the LTs first (all BOFFs firing on my target), and then set my remaining BOFFs to passive mode. If you can stay out of the COMs AoE range, your BOFFs will too. If your engie and sci BOFFs are still alive, like mine were, they will pretty much keep you alive to solo to COM. At this point in the game, you'll have most of the Ensign BOFF abilities maxed.

A tutorial on how to control your BOFFs could be beneficial. How many of you actually use passive mode, target mode or waypoint mode on a regular basis to micro-manage your BOFFs?
Commander
# 28
04-20-2013, 06:43 AM
take down the lieutenants first then if ya die respawn and just gang him with your crew easy =)
Rihannsu
# 29
04-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
It took me 2 tries. And I can hack Dahar Masters to peices without getting KOed. He seeemed to have a ridic amount of either HP or resist.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 30
04-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Another thing that could help. When I was given my first kit, I was given the Chronoton Mine one (been a long time since I played an engineer). Although I do like the mines allot, for a first tier kit that might be one of the worst to receive. Perhaps allow the player to select the kit we use, or give us all four, and let your player's play with them. The credits are MUCH needed, as I got next to no weapons drops. At the very worse, those can be sold and personal batteries can be bought.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino