Starfleet Veteran
I've seen a lot of people complaining about the price of the Legacy Pack on the forums and so I wanted to create an (un)official petition to Cryptic/PWE/STO about pricing. And NO I am not going to say lower the price for LTS or just lower it general. If you agree with this, I urge you to support the message by responding positively in the comments and adding any further suggestions you have.

Devs,

Many people who play STO don't have the money to afford a $125 legacy pack for the Legacy of Romulus expansion pack. While it offers great deals for players if they wanted to buy all the Z-Store ships, 30 lock box keys, and some other extras, the pack isn't for every player. We the undersigned would ask that you add a 3rd pricing option in the range of $60-75 dollars as a middle-of-the-road option for players who are looking for something between the $125 pack and the $25 pack. I would suggest removing some of the ships, the 30 lock box keys and the "Rihannsu" title. This way people who want all the ships can get the legacy pack and those looking for a balance between the 2 ships of the starter pack and all the ships of the legacy pack have an option too.

In fact, I would suggest offering 3 different $60 bundles - one for each of the "divisions" (e.g. one would have the engineer leaning ships, one would have the tac leaning ships, etc.). Removing the lock box keys and some of the ships should drop the price into the above mentioned price range. I hope you'l give due consideration to this suggestion.

Thank you,
An Avid STO Player
"That hurts worse than the uniform." - Dr. McCoy on the Vulcan salute
"On Vulcan, the teddy bears are alive. And they have six-inch fangs." - Spock on sehlats

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 04-20-2013 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Changed the title as petitions are not allowed
Ensign
# 2
04-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek93 View Post
I've seen a lot of people complaining about the price of the Legacy Pack on the forums and so I wanted to create an (un)official petition to Cryptic/PWE/STO about pricing. And NO I am not going to say lower the price for LTS or just lower it general. If you agree with this, I urge you to support the message by responding positively in the comments and adding any further suggestions you have.

Devs,

Many people who play STO don't have the money to afford a $125 legacy pack for the Legacy of Romulus expansion pack. While it offers great deals for players if they wanted to buy all the Z-Store ships, 30 lock box keys, and some other extras, the pack isn't for every player. We the undersigned would ask that you add a 3rd pricing option in the range of $60-75 dollars as a middle-of-the-road option for players who are looking for something between the $125 pack and the $25 pack. I would suggest removing some of the ships, the 30 lock box keys and the "Rihannsu" title. This way people who want all the ships can get the legacy pack and those looking for a balance between the 2 ships of the starter pack and all the ships of the legacy pack have an option too.

In fact, I would suggest offering 3 different $60 bundles - one for each of the "divisions" (e.g. one would have the engineer leaning ships, one would have the tac leaning ships, etc.). Removing the lock box keys and some of the ships should drop the price into the above mentioned price range. I hope you'l give due consideration to this suggestion.

Thank you,
An Avid STO Player
It would also be nice if the packs could be purchased through steam. Cryptic would sell quite a bit more if making purchases through steam posssible on a multitude of items.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Well I wish there was a way to post a poll here for people to vote on whether they would be more likely to purchase a $60 middle-of-the-road pack over the $125 pack. I wanted to add to the above that a $60 pack would bring the STO promotion in line with the Neverwinter promotion, which had 3 Founder Packs a $200 one, a $60 one, and a $20 one. Hopefully if we get enough people to sign on to this in the forum, the devs will consider adding a middle of the road option (more customers=more money).
"That hurts worse than the uniform." - Dr. McCoy on the Vulcan salute
"On Vulcan, the teddy bears are alive. And they have six-inch fangs." - Spock on sehlats
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-20-2013, 02:12 AM
something like this would be great for a middle ground pack:

Survivors pack:

Scorpion Fighter

T'Varo Light Warbird (Tier 1)

Valdore Heavy Warbird (Tier 3)

D'ridthau Warbird Battle Cruiser (tier 4)

D'deridex Warbird Retrofit (tier 5)

_________

Survivor of Romulus Title

Special Reman Duty Officer Mini-Pack