Cryptic Studios Team
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.30.20130416a.5

General:
  • Completing the full Tour the Galaxy challenge now rewards the "Well Travelled" trait as a free bonus trait.
    • This trait grants your captain a permanent reduction in Transwarp cooldown.
  • Updated Bringing Down the House:
    • Added interact FX to the door to the Ketha Lowlands.
    • Added an interact in the Qo'noS System to take you to Ketha Lowlands if you have this mission.
    • Updated the second part of this mission to replace the single large waypoint in which to find the assassin with four smaller waypoints.
  • The character selection screen has been updated.
    • Your ship's name features more prominently.
    • Your bridge officers are striking poses.

Systems:
  • Updated Emission-Seeking Torpedoes:
    • All Emission-Seeking Torpedoes now explode with the appropriate FX, instead of all using a Plasma Torpedo explosion.
    • Damage dealt by all versions of Emission-Seeking Torpedoes are now approximately equivalent to a High-Yield torpedo or Salvo of the same type.
      • As a result of this change, Emission-Seeking Plasma Torpedoes are now targetable for balance reasons.
    • The Combat Log will no longer report "an unknown officer deals damage to Emission-Seeking Torpedo..." when it detonates.
    • All applicable descriptions have been updated to reflect this functionality.
  • To'Duj Fighter Devices no longer incorrectly grant their owners Battle Cloak.
    • It was fun while it lasted though, right?

Known Issues:
  • The Klingon Mission Journal is currently being re-worked and some missions may not yet be available to existing Klingons.
  • Trait respec is not functional.
    • It will take your respec token, but you will be unable to commit new traits.
  • Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.
    • A small number of participants can now create Romulans as part of a closed beta.
  • The C-store is disabled.
  • Players on Wine will need to use a workaround in order to play.
  • Mind Games: Romulans who choose KDF as their allies will not be able to turn in this mission.
  • Sela doesn't have a cape.
    • She was taking advice from Edna.

Last edited by zer0niusrex; 04-18-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.30.20130416a.5

General:
  • The character selection screen has been updated.
    • Your ship's name features more prominently.
    • Your bridge officers are striking poses.
Does this address the "shuttle bug" or is it still in effect and I am going to see my shuttle listed instead of my primary ship. Also, cool on the boff poses. Can't wait to see that.

Quote:

Known Issues:
  • Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.
Any ETA on when this will be fixed.
Lieutenant
# 3
04-18-2013, 02:25 PM
And the multicore rendering bug with XP Media Center is still not listed as known.
Captain
# 4
04-18-2013, 02:25 PM
The "workaround" link doesn't work.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Commander
# 5
04-18-2013, 02:28 PM
About how much of a reduction to Transwarp cooldown will the "Well Traveled" trait give?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
04-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
The "workaround" link doesn't work.
Thanks! I fixed it.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
04-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
About how much of a reduction to Transwarp cooldown will the "Well Traveled" trait give?
It gives 20% and does not count against your Trait limit. You don't need to choose it, it is automatically picked when you meet the requirements.
Commander
# 8
04-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
It gives 20% and does not count against your Trait limit. You don't need to choose it, it is automatically picked when you meet the requirements.
Nice!

Any way those characters who have done it in the past will automatically get this trait?
Rihannsu
# 9
04-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Does this address the "shuttle bug" or is it still in effect and I am going to see my shuttle listed instead of my primary ship.
It's now fixed it would seem.

As for the poses, they're nice, but sometimes awkward, when a crouching officer in the background has its face right in the foreground's officer's bottom...
Career Officer
# 10
04-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:

General:[list][*]Completing the full Tour the Galaxy challenge now rewards the "Well Travelled" trait as a free bonus trait.
  • This trait grants your captain a permanent reduction in Transwarp cooldown.
Nice, a nifty bonus.