Ensign
# 51
04-20-2013, 08:53 AM
anybody know when everyone will get to try out the romulan story before it goes live
Captain
# 52
04-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
If you go to http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/pr...do=editoptions you can set your timezone there.
I want to thank you for this, I've been looking for this in my USER CP forever and for some reason never found it.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Career Officer
# 53
04-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic2door View Post
I have been having MASSIVE issues with crashing due to corrupt game files, I have been sending tons of Error reports and posted them on the forums but I have been ignored with no response for a solution, I have deleted my entire game install and reinstalled with forced full patches several times, shut down all other programs that run in background unhooked all devices that I don't need and each time I get the same corrupted game install, the game was running smoothly before beta testing. I NEED some answers!

I have been trying to get it to run smooth again for over 24 hours with very little sleep, I'm on a built by me from dell Parts "XPS 410" It isn't the best computer but it gets the job done till I can replace my gaming rig that died quickly in its sleep of old age.

Operating System: Windows Seven Black Edition, 64-bit
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce 9600 GT
Driver version: 314.22
Direct3D API version: 10
CUDA Cores: 64
Core clock: 700 MHz
Shader clock: 1680 MHz
Memory data rate: 1900 MHz
Memory interface: 256-bit
Total available graphics memory: 1790 MB
Dedicated video memory: 512 MB GDDR3
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1278 MB
Video BIOS version: 62.94.11.00.03
IRQ: 0
Bus: PCI Express x16
Device Id: 10DE 0622 80121462
system memory 3.00 GB RAM
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

And a Link to my screen cap of the errors I have been getting every time it crashes.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps130e68a0.jpg
Now why have I been Ignored I surely am not the only one with an older low performance machine
This version has my modem in a uproar, every time I try to connect to the login server my modem just shuts down.

It could be that everybody and their brother are trying to get into the game and that is mucking me up, but I'm not sure.

I've tested and retested my connection and have done several complete scans of my hard-drive, but that all tells me is that things are fine.

I'll have to see if the next patch corrects anything.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 5.0 years.
Empire Veteran
# 54
04-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Hey Zero, I'm not sure what's causing it (and I don't know if it's been posted before), but some of the FX isn't showing up:

The Fire Extinguisher (it works perfectly well on the fires, and the spraying animation for the character works, but the actual spray isn't visible)
Mine Explosions (Regular ones at least. They deal damage perfectly well, but the actual explosion FX doesn't happen... the mines just disappear)
'What Lies Beneath' Flashlight (It clicks on and off in the UI, but the actual illumination has vanished. It makes the mission slightly harder, but not impossible)

My Tribble settings are half-resolution, and fairly low to handle things smoothly. My actual computer is a few years old, but it runs well.

And Edit, I know this probably belongs in the Bug Report section, but I wanted to make sure it got dev attention
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'. I have nothing against the game/devs, nor any particular wish to talk bad about either, or praise most decisions. Still, it's better to be positive than cynical.
Lieutenant
# 55
04-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I hope we can in time advance our romulan characters above the 21nd level, without the need to start a new one from scratch.
You can go past level 21 , you just can't do anymore of the Story quests.
Career Officer
# 56
04-20-2013, 04:00 PM
UI:
  • Traits:
    • Clicking on the traits buttons should no longer occasionally cause the game client to crash.
    • Trait respec is now working as intended.
  • Resolved an issue which sometimes caused the incorrect character to log in.
[/quote]

Zero,

4/19 patch

I noticed we went from 9 trait slots to 8 on my Liberated Borg Character, also we had three standard traits and now Efficient Captain was gone from the list, I did note a blurb about how the Borg were efficient, but no trait to reflect that.

Thank you.
Captain
# 57
04-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanstruewrath View Post
just wondering, are the romulan tutorials and episodes going to get voice overs like the fed ones?

i know not all missions have them, but the tutorials and features all seem too, and now that im playing a rommie and they dont have any voice work, i really miss hearing it.

btw love the content so far, purchased the legendary legacy pack to tack on to my lifetime sub.

after 3 long grueling arduous years, i shall finally have my D'deridex, with singularty cannon!
From what I've read voiceovers are in the works, Denise Crosby is doing Sela and I expect she will sound positively psychotic messiing with your head in mind games.
Career Officer
# 58
04-20-2013, 04:47 PM
does any one know at all if we will be able to change bos uniforms or names kinda wierd that everyone will have same romulan bo,s and names and you can only change your fed bo only whats up with that ?????????
Career Officer
# 59
04-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrico1 View Post
does any one know at all if we will be able to change bos uniforms or names kinda wierd that everyone will have same romulan bo,s and names and you can only change your fed bo only whats up with that ?????????
Some of the starting BOs are story BOs and are part of your ongoing story, they are... well unique characters, ad least that how seems when you do the stories.
Republic Veteran
# 60
04-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrico1 View Post
You will get BO after the starting Story BO, and you can change their outfits.