Rihannsu
# 11
04-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Just finished the mission and was surprised how slanty it was to the KDF. But I guess it's good to bolster the KDF numbers.
Empire Veteran
# 12
04-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
As I've said elsewhere, I'm not going to join up with a faction that's so barbaric that it can't stock its tailors with non-spiked boots for its female members.
How many times do we have to say it to people. They NEED armored/spiked boots since the men all wear metal jockstraps, how else will they teach the male population what is and is not acceptable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlmykl View Post
What is more desirable, being the designer for a limited edition ship envied by many or the designer of a ship handed to every self-entitled weenie that ever said MINE! MINE!?
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
04-19-2013, 08:54 PM
I have to admit. it felt kinda wrong to join the federation. All they had was a long winded diplomat and a skeptical admiral. The KDF seems a bit more sincere in their appreciation. In the end the fed saying they will remember his sacrifice felt a bit more obligatory and political.
Career Officer
# 14
04-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Not to mention, that Starfleet captain who becomes your Fed contact looks like he ought to be commanding the U.S.S. Free Candy.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
04-19-2013, 09:51 PM
not too mention the feds ambassadors to kitamer, the admiral is a complete **** to you, and the other guy wont stfu.

srsly he wont shut up, he talks forever if you humor him. and its all nonsense!

at least the kdf respect strength and honor.
Romulus burned, untold billions died.
It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
New Romulus rises.
Career Officer
Um,

No.

I play Starfleet and KDF equally, but the substandard treatment of the KDF has caused me to actively avoid their gameplay whenever given the chance.

My foremost issue is the fact that the KDF bugs are never fixed.
The one that irritates me most has gone unfixed for over a year, despite reminding cryptic once a week on average to fix it.

My secondary issue is it's not KDF gameplay, it's Klingon gameplay.
The Orions, Nausicaans, Gorn and Letheans are all overlooked in terms of story content.

I never approved of the Klingons anyway, their obsession with honor and conquest is repellant to me.

Also, since my Captain is not Klingon (and is in fact is from a planet very far from Klingon space), he would not support the Klingon way at all.

And the third issue is that should a KDF officer chose a peaceful resolution, it still comes out violent.

So, given how bad the so-called KDF faction is, why would any player subject themselves to that willingly if they were given another option?
Republic Veteran
# 17
04-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
Um,

No.

I play Starfleet and KDF equally, but the substandard treatment of the KDF has caused me to actively avoid their gameplay whenever given the chance.

The one that irritates me most has gone unfixed for over a year, despite reminding cryptic once a week on average to fix it.

My secondary issue is it's not KDF gameplay, it's Klingon gameplay.
The Orions, Nausicaans, Gorn and Letheans are all overlooked in terms of story content.

I never approved of the Klingons anyway, their obsession with honor and conquest is repellant to me.

Also, since my Captain is not Klingon (and is in fact is from a planet very far from Klingon space), he would not support the Klingon way at all.

And the third issue is that should a KDF officer chose a peaceful resolution, it still comes out violent.

So, given how bad the so-called KDF faction is, why would any player subject themselves to that willingly if they were given another option?
The same reason people have been playing KDF since it launched. They hope and dream better things are down the road. Hope springs eternal my friend.
Rihannsu
# 18
04-19-2013, 11:18 PM
No way in hell would my Romulan side with the KDF...the KLINGONS? Are you crazy?
Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
Republic Veteran
# 19
04-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
What bug is that?
Career Officer
# 20
04-20-2013, 01:54 AM
Yeah, it really pushes you towards the Klingons. In the end the only selling point of the Federation is:

They want to help you build New Romulus and bring the Tal Shiar to justice. The Klingons only want to hunt the Tal Shiar.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.