Lieutenant
After playing through to about level 20 something in the Romulan story line, I felt I should provide some feed back, some likes, dislikes, and general concerns or questions that I would like to be voiced.

I encourage everyone else to do the same!

Likes/Complements:

1. The storyline is of shining quality, I actually felt like I was in a proper narrative instead of just flying around doing missions aimlessly just to level up, the fact that there are actual characters you fly with this time instead of 'mr. generic tactical officer' plays into this bit a lot, not to mention the multiple dialogue choices and the ability to either cut a conversation short or prod for a bit more information.

The ships look great, the visuals for the singularity explosion look great, the starter colony looks great, the stations look great, even the uniforms look fantastic, its all really good looking.

3. The overall delivery and quality of content is miles better than what im used to in this game, it doesn't feel like the traditional STO 'some good and some bad, usually bugs or just lack of content' type of content, it feels polished and perfectly capable of launching in a state of near perfection.

Dislikes/Concerns:

1. The lack of ships kind of sucks, especially if you want to go a sci/sci route, since basically you either go fed (with one of their ships) or go home, I initially made a science romulan on tribble, but after seeing the ship choices I ultimately decided to just go tactical, it made more sense given the choices I had.

Maybe you could just add more variants without having to make more models and art? Do it like the oddy 3 pack, just re-skin the ship slightly and give each variant different setups viable for a science, tactical, or engineering setup. You could introduce this in the cut-scene for your first ship, you find it but are told its largely stripped, but there are components and scrap lying around to both repair the ship and give it a career focus.

Do you scavenge the enhanced deflector?
Do you scavenge the enhanced targeting systems?
Do you scavenge the enhanced hull plating?

Hurry, you can only choose one before they find us!

What do you think?

2. This is a fantastic expansion, and im sure the Klingons are going to get this kind of quality in their new line of missions, but a question that im sure is going to have klinks running and screaming, what about the feds? All these new massively improved uniforms, these awesome looking maps, this character based storyline with proper dialogue choices and (eventual) voice acting, I see all this and wonder "why should I even play the old content anymore?"

Seriously, the quality of this content trumps the feds and klink side (the missions they DO have) by such a huge margin that id say either you'd need a massive overhaul to bring it all up to spec or just remove huge swaths of it entirely, and about the new great looking stations, great looking uniforms and etc, are us fed/klinks going to be stuck with our old social zones, ship interiors, and jumpsuit uniforms that look like they belong in 2007? Whats the point of even rolling a fed or klink anymore other than for the ships at VA? Honestly the only reason I could see pushing me towards another faction is the lack of war-bird choice.

3. Are you going to be adding more races to the romulan faction? I mean both previous sides already have joined trill and their own version of cat, will the romulans get something akin to this as well?

Last edited by abyssinain; 04-20-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Ensign
These are the bug's I noticed while doing the Beta testing.

1) Could not change bridge officer's uniform's once they were taken on.
2) Having to keep replacing bridge officer's in their station's.
3) The Plasma Piercing Beam Rifle on bridge officer's would continue to fire after Red Alert ended.
4) Hazard Emittters when given to an Ensign bridge officer did not work.
5) Cross hair on shooter mode for a player's captain would not always turn red when look at an enemy.
6) Promotion mission did not resolve after I did every step.
7) The in game chat window that player's use took time to show bk up after changing or transferring map's.

But other then that I found all the hard work that has been done and put into it was great.

Last edited by wolf7898; 04-20-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Lieutenant
# 3
04-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf7898 View Post
These are the bug's I noticed while doing the Beta testing.

1) Could not change bridge officer's uniform's once they were taken on.
2) Having to keep replacing bridge officer's in their station's.
3) The Plasma Piercing Beam Rifle on bridge officer's would continue to fire after Red Alert ended.
4) Hazard Emittters when given to an Ensign bridge officer did not work.
5) Cross hair on shooter mode for a player's captain would not always turn red when look at an enemy.
6) Promotion mission did not resolve after I did every step.
7) The in game chat window that player's use took time to show bk up after changing or transferring map's.

But other then that I found all the hard work that has been done and put into it was great.
1. The bridge officers (majority of the ones you get in romulan story line) are unique, i don't think you're allowed to change their clothes.
2. Yep, that's a problem I got a lot as well.
3. Never had that problem personally.
4. I worked fine for me, are you sure you weren't trying to use it while cloaked/out of aux power?
5. I don't think the art for the romulan cross-hair is done yet, give it time.
6. It should automatically give you the star-ship regardless, if it doesn't work just drop the mission.
7. Never noticed.