Lt. Commander
The grammar and spelling issues are appalling.

These arent just typos either. Some make the writer look like they are either in 3rd grade or English is their second languauge.

I started to report one or two and then realized most every thing I was reading had issues.

The Isolinear chip we get, I dont think there isnt one sentance in it that doesnt have an issue.

Normally, I can get past a typo here or there but this was so prevalent it degraded my user experience and made me question if the person responsible even graduated high school. Or it was done by our Chinese overlords.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-20-2013, 08:05 AM
yer ok thought u was on about the gamers at 1st ups. any way good for u noticing u get f all for it lol there might sort it out by next x-mas :-(
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK

Last edited by wilbor2; 04-20-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Keep in mind this is the first beta, of course there are issues, if you can't deal don't play the beta. Where my eyes bleeding due to the amount of errors? Damn straight but I just remind myself its a beta and move on.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 4
04-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Keep in mind this is the first beta, of course there are issues, if you can't deal don't play the beta. Where my eyes bleeding due to the amount of errors? Damn straight but I just remind myself its a beta and move on.
Also keep in mind that Cryptic has a week record (at best) of fixing quality of life bugs like the OP states. These Tribble tests tend to be more concerned about major crashing and stability issues. By and large what you see today is what you will get (with the exception of withheld content). That has been a long standing complaint from the player base about Tribble.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
These arent simply typo's like spelling a lot alot - which abounds...

This is spelling words like discreet descrete. When you have to figure out what the word actually is ..... I have been a project manager and from what I have seen who ever is writing or transcribing some of this is not well qualified.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Republic Veteran
# 6
04-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Most of the early typos are just that, honest mistakes is what it looks like. But it's not been proofread by a second person, it lacks a control check.

However the Isolinear chip and An Inside Job is flat out embarrassingly written, that's not typos but a clear lack of understanding for the English language. Beta or not, that's not done with care towards the end product.
Career Officer
# 7
04-20-2013, 12:01 PM
From what I recall from TTS, DStahl has said that they haven't done the final edit pass on the story missions yet, so some of the text-bugs should get fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Inside Job and the chip wasn't just filled with spelling mistakes, it was also tense mistakes. I wouldn't be surprised if the writer spoke English as a second language.