Career Officer
What I'm talking about here are:

The Andorian ship
The Vulcan ships
The Orion ships
The Gorn ships
The Nausicaan ships

I'm pretty sure the rationale originally behind Romulans flying allied ships was to bolster lower selling ships and in particular to financially justify more ships usable by the KDF. The D'Kyr, I gather, was a poor seller and of these, only the Andorian three pack did huge numbers.

These ships would look significantly less conspicuous than Romulans in actual Federation ships. Klingon ships could generally use a sales boost. But that wouldn't fly here, would it?

So here's the big idea... maybe one way to do this is a high end lockbox.

- 1000 ZEN for the box. Think of this as the $10 lottery ticket with the better payout.

- Guaranteed to contain one of these ships although it may be a lower tier version, including the T2-4 Nausicaan/Orion/Gorn ships and the T1 Kumari being offered to Neverwinter folks. T5 ships are rare although not as rare as lockbox ships. About one in 5 boxes would contain one of the tier 5 ships although odds of any specific one are about 3%. (Making a T5 ship overall having around a 20% total chance with Orion, Nausicaan, Gorn, Vulcan, and 3 Andorian ships at 3% each.)

- All ships in the box are claimable by anyone, Fed, Romulan, or KDF. Like lockbox ships, they're tradeable or sellable. Ships are per character but not faction restricted like the normal C-Store versions.

- The ships are all still available as normal account unlocks. This lockbox is for tradeable, sellable, non-faction restricted ships. As I said, guaranteed to contain one, complete with console. 1 in 5 contain one of the T5 ships.

This would ONLY be for the non-Starfleet, non-KDF ships.

Maybe to sweeten the pot, have any box that doesn't contain a T5 ship include Orion, Gorn, or Nausicaan costumes accessible as a drop down costume tab or new Vulcan or Andorian costumes. So any box without a T5 ship includes a costume.
Rihannsu
# 2
04-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
What I'm talking about here are:

The Andorian ship
The Vulcan ships
The Orion ships
The Gorn ships
The Nausicaan ships

I'm pretty sure the rationale originally behind Romulans flying allied ships was to bolster lower selling ships and in particular to financially justify more ships usable by the KDF. The D'Kyr, I gather, was a poor seller and of these, only the Andorian three pack did huge numbers.

These ships would look significantly less conspicuous than Romulans in actual Federation ships. Klingon ships could generally use a sales boost. But that wouldn't fly here, would it?

So here's the big idea... maybe one way to do this is a high end lockbox.

- 1000 ZEN for the box. Think of this as the $10 lottery ticket with the better payout.

- Guaranteed to contain one of these ships although it may be a lower tier version, including the T2-4 Nausicaan/Orion/Gorn ships and the T1 Kumari being offered to Neverwinter folks. T5 ships are rare although not as rare as lockbox ships. About one in 5 boxes would contain one of the tier 5 ships although odds of any specific one are about 3%. (Making a T5 ship overall having around a 20% total chance with Orion, Nausicaan, Gorn, Vulcan, and 3 Andorian ships at 3% each.)

- All ships in the box are claimable by anyone, Fed, Romulan, or KDF. Like lockbox ships, they're tradeable or sellable. Ships are per character but not faction restricted like the normal C-Store versions.

- The ships are all still available as normal account unlocks. This lockbox is for tradeable, sellable, non-faction restricted ships. As I said, guaranteed to contain one, complete with console. 1 in 5 contain one of the T5 ships.

This would ONLY be for the non-Starfleet, non-KDF ships.

Maybe to sweeten the pot, have any box that doesn't contain a T5 ship include Orion, Gorn, or Nausicaan costumes accessible as a drop down costume tab or new Vulcan or Andorian costumes. So any box without a T5 ship includes a costume.
An interesting proposal. I wouldn't mind being sneaky and using the Vulcan ship with my KDF aligned Romulan. After all it wouldn't be the first time they have done that. Over all though yeah I like this idea.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Rihannsu
# 3
04-20-2013, 03:08 PM
bad idea.

1 - why would they create 20+ ship models + consoles and sell them for 1000 Zen if they can make only ONE model and sell it with 1% probability.

2 - how many of these lockboxes would you open after the 5th one (full ship slots)?

solution - low tier ships in a box = silly.
they can just as good put consoles only inside, which they are doing.

back to argument 1 - why sell more than one ship model pro lockbox?

what they COULD do is start selling golden lockbox keys with 25-50% probability of dropping the ship = 10.000 Zen.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 04-20-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Captain
# 4
04-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I agree with Duaths. This... sounds hokey. Lockboxes are all about maximizing profit and minimizing effort. A "Mega" lockbox like this seems to be going in the opposite direction.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 5
04-20-2013, 03:45 PM
The "Mega-Lockbox" proposed is giving away way too much, even with the pricetag. Talk about a barrier to entry, $10 for a shot at an $8 ship is kind of a garbage idea.

I maintain that a "Versus Lockbox" might be better. Take two races, say, Vulcan and Orion. Fashion endgame ships themed around them with Lobi counterparts. Theme the content around the races. If a Romulan opens it, they get a shot at a previous ship, say, a Galor. Same would go for a Fed if the lockbox was Reman vs Lethean.
Career Officer
# 6
04-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Yeah, I agree with Duaths. This... sounds hokey. Lockboxes are all about maximizing profit and minimizing effort. A "Mega" lockbox like this seems to be going in the opposite direction.
Well, the prime idea here is to create a value proposition for things that aren't selling in a way that might drive up demand and sales.

It's not like they would lose money even on the Andorian ships because:

The Andorian bundle would still exist.

Getting three single claim Andorian ships that have a 3% chance each of dropping would be considerably more expensive via the mega-lockbox. Heck, any specific item would be considerably more expensive this way. But it would have an appeal to other faction players, exchange users, and people who want a slightly higher end prize, like the $10 lottery tickets where one in five is a cash winner.

Everything should work out to be more profitable with the system I've just outlined. I think you can have something be more profitable without being cheaper or less pleasing.