Captain
# 1 Reputation Set Gear Suggestion
05-04-2013, 12:48 AM
with the new reputation sets on the way can we please address a very important issue? When in the process of advancing in a reputation you unlock the Mk 10 and 11 sets at lower reputation tiers and these sets help out a great deal, especially the new ones. However many do not like to get the lower tier items because they view them as a waste of resources seeing as in a relatively short time period they will unlock the Mk 12 versions.

It would be really nice if instead the sets upgraded. You do the project for the Mk 10. Then the Mk 10 versions are used in the project to get the Mk 11, and those in the Mk 12 project.

This would encourage the use of these sets at the earlier stages of the reputation advancement and create a greater incentive to upgrade them to the Mk 12 versions at later tiers as the cost would be spread out a bit more.
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 5 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 5 / Embassy 3 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781
Captain
# 2
05-04-2013, 11:16 AM
That sounds like a good idea, pending it's an option and not required. For a fair number of things, I'd only be interested in the Mk XII versions on most of my chars as they already have good gear and having to grab the Mk X, then upgrade to Mk XI before getting the Mk XII I wanted in the first place would be a pain.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
05-04-2013, 11:23 AM
That is a good idea and a good suggestion for crafting because I do not do that because of the dil cost at the higher levels