Career Officer
# 21
04-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjokruhlica View Post
The purpose of the Galaxy-X was to separate you from your money. It functioned as intended.
I second this
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Career Officer
# 22
04-24-2013, 06:25 PM
I really enjoy flying my Gal-X as a sci. Currently outfitted with the 3 piece Mk XI Borg Set, Assimilated Module, and cutting beam, plus 6 of the blue retrofit phasers (yeah, I know they're not the greatest, but I'm transitioning away from a cannon/turret build) and a bio-neural warhead. Tanky as heck, still pretty good at healing, and does enough DPS to hold aggro on just about anything.

The Borg set lets me use the tractor beam to pin a target as I drain a shield facing then hit it with the lance and bio neural. I can't wait to see what it'll do with Mk XII Advanced Fleet phasers with Dmg modifier!
Lieutenant
# 23
04-24-2013, 09:11 PM
I think it's a fine ship, personally. I fly it on my engineer and even though my Amabassador's been getting a lot more attention lately, that's really only because I haven't finished my Dread's "Assimilated Warbird" build that I've been working on. Basically: Both Romulan sets and the Omega weapon set all on the same ship, with Romulan plasma/plasma-disruptor hybrid weapons. Yes, I know that's taking away from the lance's power. Yes, I know that's a ludicrous amount of universal consoles. But I tried it out on Tribble, and it works great for my purposes. So now I just have to grind up the rep system to finish it. All I have left to get are the prototype beam, plasma torpedoes, and upgrading the Prototype Reman set to the Romulan version.
Career Officer
# 24
04-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Annoyed. The newest Q&A gave us the exact same spiel about the Fleet Galaxy X (I'm presuming it'd have the 10 console slots and other fleet boosts as other ships), that we haven't already heard for OVER A YEAR. So while other ships, even the freaking sabre and nova getting fleet versions, us Gal-X captains are still relegated to the Dr's waiting room.

Come on Cryptic, get it together seriously. You've stated technical difficulties for over a year; I mean what programming novel are you working on in terms of separation?

https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/stat...916160/photo/1
February 2012

Please, get it sorted. Not like there hasn't been an outcry for the ship the last 12 months.

One Year and Three months waiting for Fleet Galaxy X - "Technical Difficulties" Since 8th Feb 12.
Landmark Technical Difficulties Dates: 13/01/12 - 8/11/12 - 14/11/12 - 14/12/12 - 26/04/13
Lieutenant
# 25
04-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Does the Dread really need saucer separation?

It's hardly an amazing ability. I would settle for a Fleet Dread with 10 console slots and a few improvements to make it competitive and worth playing rather than feeling you are handicapping yourself
Career Officer
# 26
04-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Totally agree, it'd be a novelty to try out, but I can think of half a dozen more useful things to pop in that 10th console slot than a saucer separation one. I'd argue a lot of other Gal-X captains would say the same.

If it's a matter of technical crap for saucer separation then fine, do that whenever you want as a side project, just give us a fleet gal-x without that (I mean I don't see people demanding this ability). I'm sure that wouldn't be too difficult, certainly not in terms of waiting over a year for it.

I'm sure this will go unheeded though, and we'll probably have to wait another year for it to appear... I just know it.

One Year and Three months waiting for Fleet Galaxy X - "Technical Difficulties" Since 8th Feb 12.
Landmark Technical Difficulties Dates: 13/01/12 - 8/11/12 - 14/11/12 - 14/12/12 - 26/04/13
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-26-2013, 03:12 PM
I wish I had the link to this old thread, but a player took a dread in its current form into pvp, had the vid to prove it on youtube. Long story short he owned. He used all turrets except for one dual heavy cannon on the fore, and only had one torp. Picked up cannon rapid fire one. Damage was pretty darn good when I tried it out. As for survival I suggest you read the numerous threads with guides on cruisers. Unless those were removed.
Captain
# 28
04-27-2013, 02:34 AM
I know the thread and poster you are talking about. I have them in my favourites, really must do a clear out of those someday. Due to at the time it seems he was getting quite a bit of grief over it because he editted out the info in his threads, now they are deleted as opposed to archived. The closest to it that is still there under archived, is the Dragon Fleet thread though it may need updating for changes that ahve ahppened since.

It was because of his info that I was looking at the Dreadnaught as a ship to buy form the store, as jsut ooking at the description it wasn't that appealing.
Captain
# 29
04-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Chiming in: just up the turn rate(5-10%) and hull(10% hull maybe) and the ship would be worth having.. instead of a monumental waste of time and money and less of the feeling that PWE doesnt care....
Career Officer
# 30
04-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Saucer separation may be what is needed to increase the turn rate enough for cannons and the lance to be useable...