Ensign
From the initial mission storylinethe only choice that makes any sense at all is for the Romulans to join forces with the KDF.

Why you ask?

During the Incidents at the colonies and later at Khitomer, the only assistance from Either Faction comes from the intervention of the IKS Kang. The Federation seems to be unwilling to assist when distress calls are going out, they see this as an Internal matter and do not seem to be investigating any claims otherwise.

As a fledgling captain for the Romualn Republic, Why would I choose to join a group that ignores our pleas for assitance?
Career Officer
# 2
04-19-2013, 06:27 PM
perhaps this is slightly intentional as a method to bolster lower population on the KDF side? If so I'm all for it.
http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
Captain
# 3
04-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptgorand View Post
From the initial mission storylinethe only choice that makes any sense at all is for the Romulans to join forces with the KDF.

Why you ask?

During the Incidents at the colonies and later at Khitomer, the only assistance from Either Faction comes from the intervention of the IKS Kang. The Federation seems to be unwilling to assist when distress calls are going out, they see this as an Internal matter and do not seem to be investigating any claims otherwise.

As a fledgling captain for the Romualn Republic, Why would I choose to join a group that ignores our pleas for assitance?
Because of better fleet options, and a unificationist leader.

Also, nice costumes!
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-19-2013, 06:35 PM
I felt a little slant towards the KDF when doing the Khitomer mission. Also the choice backgroud even had a subliminal join the KDF edge. You had a prim and proper lass holding a tricorder, or Billy Badass with his phaser... now who would you choose?
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Lieutenant
# 5
04-19-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm glad they're doing it this way. The KDF deserve some support.
I support Handsome Phaser Guy
And Tovan Khev
No, I am neither a woman nor gay.
Career Officer
# 6
04-19-2013, 06:40 PM
As I've said elsewhere, I'm not going to join up with a faction that's so barbaric that it can't stock its tailors with non-spiked boots for its female members.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Keep in mind the story says the world we're on, Khitmoer, is controlled by the KDF. So since the KDF and Feds are currently at war it makes sense that the KDF wouldn't allow Star Fleet to have a bunch of warships there for a peaceful negotiation. Heck even the KDF only had 1 ship help you.

Still, yes it did feel like they're trying to not so subtly push you toward the KDF. To bad I already manage a Fed fleet.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
04-19-2013, 06:55 PM
I'll have to admit, the story felt little bit leaning towards KDF side, Only the IKS Kang was on patrol in that sector. Were was the Fed ship that brought their dignitaries. Than you have bomb, which try to blow up KDF Official. But still went for Fed anyway just because my Romulan character, is some how link to my Fed Vulcan characters.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
Career Officer
# 9
04-19-2013, 07:00 PM
I like the nudging towards KDF. It's good, means that new players will probably edge towards KDF. And existing players can still choose what they want. The only way it could backfire is if the KDF+KDF Rom still ends being anemic afterwards, such that new players resent being led/encouraged to the 'faction that has to wait for queues'. But in general, I do like it.
Career Officer
# 10
04-19-2013, 09:10 PM
I have to agree, based solely on the story, the Federation doesn't exactly sell itself to the player. On the other hand, 1) you've gotten on the Klingons' good side by disarming the bombs and (spoiler redacted), and 2) the Klingons have returned the favor by sending a ship to save you. After all that talk of honor and such, it really feels like you're betraying them by not siding with them.