Empire Veteran
# 1 Nukara Web Breaker
05-01-2013, 11:09 AM
So I did a little testing with these on Tribble. And I discovered they are incredibly useful at one thing in particular: Spam clearance.

Torps, mines, weaker pets, all vanish in a poof with this. It's also a consumable item.

I do have two worries though:

1. Tetryon consoles buff them (not a major thing, since a pure tetryon-build will get better usage out of em, more a thing worth noting)

2. They can be Tac-buffed.

Number 2 is the bigger worry. I never got a crit hit off of one when I did my testing, but I would imagine they can crit. That worries me, because a tac-buffed one of these on a crit, could be extremely devastating possibly. I could easily see potential 10k-15k crits, probably more, and then you can use one every 30 seconds as well.

If someone wasn't running with high resist already, that'd basically rip off a shield facing from every team member it hit.

I feel that these shouldn't be tac-buffed. Because I can already tell they are most likely going to be a problem (and boy would I be glad if I was wrong). But if they simply nerf the damage of these to 'tickle level', then nobody would use them at all. Heck, maybe both the tac-buffing and the Tetryon console-buffing is all a bug regarding these.

Possibly use this with the other stuff I talked about in that 'Nukara combo' thread the other day, and this 'AoE build' might be surprisingly effective.