Starfleet Veteran
# 1 T'Varo Warbird / NX-class
04-18-2013, 07:46 AM
T'Varo Warbird Retrofit
The great look of the 2150s-era Warbird with power for the 25th century. Includes a Plasma Destabilizer console that launches a slow moving but devastating Destabilized Plasma Torpedo that deals extreme kinetic damage and heavy plasma damage over time. This ship unlocks for all Romulan Republic characters on your account at Tier 5 (Rear Admiral).

The argument against the T5 NX variant was because the ship was "too old." What's the excuse now? Perfect example of an old ship being used in modern times.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Captain
# 2
04-18-2013, 08:09 AM
It's not the same ship. It's just a ship that happens to share its rough hull-shape. They don't really look that similar at all, much like how the Andorian ship isn't the same Andorian ship, they just share vague resemblances.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-18-2013, 08:17 AM
I get that, but when we asked for the same thing based off of the NX design, we were told no. "It's too old." No, the argument doesn't make sense, but that was what we got in response. They can do it for the Vulcans, the Andorians and the Romulans... but, not Starfleet. /shrugs.
Captain
# 4
04-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedcore View Post
I get that, but when we asked for the same thing based off of the NX design, we were told no. "It's too old." No, the argument doesn't make sense, but that was what we got in response. They can do it for the Vulcans, the Andorians and the Romulans... but, not Starfleet. /shrugs.
Just flip NX upside down and voila, you have Akira.
Commander
# 5
04-18-2013, 08:59 AM
maybe it is time for starfleet officer thomas eugine paris and be'lenna paris to design and build replica tier 5 classic tos, tmp and united earth starfleet starships. considering that all other faction have a larger older design ship range the starfleet plus with the thoilians messing playing with time space and multable universes and playing with the temperol cold ward starfleer need any ship class from any era of star fleet ships to even the battle field against the thoilians temperol cold war.

plus humans, and andorians are particularly sentimental about their starships history and designs. valcuns even kept in service their ships for a very long time because it was logical to keep using hard working and very sound designs.

to have more tier 5 tos era ships and have united earth ships is it too much to offer tier 5 of those ships even without special consoles even at $50 or 5,000 cpoints per tier 5 retrofit tos era and united earth era starfleet ships. logical because cryptic and cbs could each make 25 dollars each for the sale of a single star fleet tos ships and united earth era ships even to have no special consoles on those classic starships.

in theory i would be cool to be able to fly the au universe tier 5 starfleet, kdf, and romulan ships even at $50 or 5,000 per ship. i would also be logical for both cryptic and paramont/bad robot to make $25 each for selling the au universe ships in star trek online.
Captain
# 6
04-18-2013, 09:38 AM
I would love to have a T5 NX-class. And I'm fairly sure the T5 T'Varo will have the original one's skin as well.

Klingons have a T5 B'rel and Somraw. I don't see why Feds can't get T5 NX and Connies.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 04-18-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Captain
# 7
04-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Just flip NX upside down and voila, you have Akira.
This. The resemblance is clear.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 8
04-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I would love to have a T5 NX-class. And I'm fairly sure the T5 T'Varo will have the original one's skin as well.

Klingons have a T5 B'rel and Somraw. I don't see why Feds can't get T5 NX and Connies.
I Don't know about the Somraw (since it was created for Enterprise) but the B'rel was shown to be vary much in existence throughout the TV series. In fact I am 99 percent certain that Mar'tok's own ship was a B'rel. So the "too old" really doesn't work for that one
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
04-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I Don't know about the Somraw (since it was created for Enterprise) but the B'rel was shown to be vary much in existence throughout the TV series. In fact I am 99 percent certain that Mar'tok's own ship was a B'rel. So the "too old" really doesn't work for that one
Please accept my apology, I misquoted. My comment was not intended for this post.

Last edited by warpedcore; 04-18-2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Misquote
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-18-2013, 04:42 PM
I'd get a kick out of a T5 NX. Especially if it gets Phase Cannons to go with