Lt. Commander
# 1 Artifacts Video Graphics
01-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Note: I'm not writing this to receive support, but just to make this issue known as I found a temp fix that I find suitable. Fix: Remove Anti-aliasing

I found an issue that hindered gameplay (most likely for just me, but it could be affecting other users here and there.)

The game automatically set my Anti-aliasing to x4 (which for my graphics card is normal 8800 GTX)
However, doing so, with the added post effects, bloom, enhanced graphics etc etc, it caused my game to glitch out horribly. I tried grabbing multiple SS of when it would happen (usually only 1 minute after logging into the game, very repeatable) but the screen shots come out crystal clear as if nothing's wrong.

Anyway, I had no idea what the problem was, but I turned off AA and that fixed the issue.

Even on 2x AA, it would artifact here and there, but not even close to the hindering severity of 4x AA (Whole screen was distorted/blotted out with white and purple).

Post: 8800 GTX, 195.62 WQHL Drivers. All settings max (100% textures, etc) No AA enabled.

If anyone else has anything to add, or has seen anything like this, please feel free to add.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 08:50 AM
I have this issue with my 9800 GT on both 1920x1200 and 1680x1050 I turned off AA, AF, and all the extra stuff like Post Processing, Bloom, Ambient Occlusion and set everything to rather Medium or Low and it still happened like crazy. My only fix was to just set the game to default "Low" settings but now my GPU idles around 105c on temps. I am waiting for newegg.com to get a GTX 275 in stock but I dont think my video card should have this much trouble on a game like this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 09:22 AM
At first turning off depth of field fixed it but now its happening again like crazy, to the point where I can't play because I can't see. Note: The artifacts go away if my view straight up looking down on my character.

I am on a radeon X1600 I will keep messing with the settings
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Okay so my artifact issues have been fixed so I can actually play now but I do have some errors like this lol

http://www.xfire.com/profile/brockenstein/screenshots/?ss_file=f32aa4b6c54a488119be45321ccffc2d83864931. jpg