Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,175
# 1 LoR - Benefits for Feds?
04-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Hello,

now that there are dozens of Dev Blogs, intervies, etc. about what Romulan players will get, by the way that is very impressive, and Klingons get new stories, what is the benefit for Federation players?

Can someone point me to a link where I can read what's in for Feds in the expansion?
It is like a maze at the moment searching for the right answers.

Thanks very much.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,159
# 2
04-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Lots of new allies flying nifty ships and who will be able to share an entirely new storyline for you to experience. Also you get access to a new reputation system to give access to new weapons and sets.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 634
# 3
04-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
Hello,

now that there are dozens of Dev Blogs, intervies, etc. about what Romulan players will get, by the way that is very impressive, and Klingons get new stories, what is the benefit for Federation players?

Can someone point me to a link where I can read what's in for Feds in the expansion?
It is like a maze at the moment searching for the right answers.

Thanks very much.
I wouldn't expect anything.

The direction this game has headed in the past few years, has been very "alien centric" and I don't forsee that changing anytime soon. It's the "in" fad right now, to be Jem'Hadar/Tholian/Borg/Cardassian/Romulan. Just look around in space and see what alien of the week is currently being seen in greater numbers than Starfleet.

Cryptic knows they make their money on allowing people their customization, so that is where their focus will stay. We arent likely to see much for the Feds in the forseeable future.

Although, I must admit, I am shocked the Klingons will finally be getting some stuff. those poor saps have languished in alien obscurity for 3 years. I don't mind them getting some stuff, they certainly need it.

So come May 25th, this game will become Romulans vs. Klingons version of Trek. Starfleet will be all but forgotten. Kinda like when Death Knights were introduced to WoW. Suddenly, every soul in Azeroth was a DK. It made raid planning a real nightmare!

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,182
# 4
04-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Oh as a fed you don't feel you get anything?
Now you get what it feels like being a kdf.

There are lots of stuff. Ie: tholian rep and...the ability to play another faction.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,175
# 5
04-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Oh as a fed you don't feel you get anything?
Now you get what it feels like being a kdf.

There are lots of stuff. Ie: tholian rep and...the ability to play another faction.
Sorry, I didn't mean that.

As Fed, I know I already have the most content (story, ships,etc..).
I just meant, will there be anything new like - let's reduce it to the term "item" for Feds?

I am happy for every Klingon player and Romulan starter, no problem. You guys deserve it AND the expension is a very very big content pack for both factions. I just wanted to know if there will be any new C-Store items.

I am not a gamer, I am more a collector and because of some healh problems I had to stop actice playing some time ago and I am not very into the Reputation system.

Edit: By the way, some month ago I created a Klingon character and did some of the first story missions... Now I know why you guys are waiting for more..
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 182
# 6
04-21-2013, 12:00 PM
yes, there is new "stuff" for feds, like gear from the tholian reputation system, c-store items, not so sure, not for the May expansion.

You need to understand the focus is not on the feds of KDF, the spotlight is aiming at the romulans exclusively, that's what they're trying to sell at the moment.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,005
# 7
04-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean that.

As Fed, I know I already have the most content (story, ships,etc..).
I just meant, will there be anything new like - let's reduce it to the term "item" for Feds?

I am happy for every Klingon player and Romulan starter, no problem. You guys deserve it AND the expension is a very very big content pack for both factions. I just wanted to know if there will be any new C-Store items.

I am not a gamer, I am more a collector and because of some healh problems I had to stop actice playing some time ago and I am not very into the Reputation system.

Edit: By the way, some month ago I created a Klingon character and did some of the first story missions... Now I know why you guys are waiting for more..
I wouldn't hold your breath for a new Fed C-Store item for a few months post-LoR at least.

As far as new items go, there are items you can get from Reputation systems (boo), and there will be the new Warp Cores to get. I dunno if there will be any special Warp Cores to work towards, like Omega Rep Cores or whatever... I'd be surprised if there aren't any Warp Cores on the Fleet store, though.

There's honestly not a lot for Fed players that don't intend to make Romulan characters. I'm not really bitter about that, or begrudging Roms or KDF their content, but it does make it hard to get excited for LoR when the most I can look forward to as a Fed character is dumping a bunch of Dilithium to fill my new empty Warp Core slot before I can go back to running the same STFs and FEs.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,336
# 8
04-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Feds get Wasteland arc that starts at level 21, but everyone gets that arc. There is a good chance of there being some cool items in that story arc. As far as Feds getting anything unique, then it is extremely doubtful. Just checked on tribble and can't finish the first mission due to the planet not being accessible.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,977
# 9
04-21-2013, 12:11 PM
The feds will have access to the nimbus adventure zone (although it is mainly for mid lvl characters) and there are some episodes that go with it that should scale up.

there should be some new events to go with the tholian rep system.

there is a new lockbox coming out.

there should be a new FE series out after LoR but I dont know when. i would imagine at least a month gap at least.

And you can naturally play the new romulan and klingon stuff, which what I have seen is so far is fantastic.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,175
# 10
04-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post
yes, there is new "stuff" for feds, like gear from the tholian reputation system, c-store items, not so sure, not for the May expansion.

You need to understand the focus is not on the feds of KDF, the spotlight is aiming at the romulans exclusively, that's what they're trying to sell at the moment.
Thanks for the answer, I was planing on a limited absent from the game for a time so I would like to know if I miss something important on the Fed side.



By the way, will Feds or Klings be able to get Romulan Boffs by the normal way (Doff missions, C-Store, etc) or just via the Embassy on New Romulus?

Last edited by organicmanfred; 04-21-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:25 AM.